Safety Recall Notice- Front Impact Sensor Wires

Draconianwinter

I had heard about this guess i need to be calling my dealership. I think someone said their notice stated 2016 and 2017 year models

sent from your basement

Ed Pursell

recall impact sensor

I had heard about this guess i need to be calling my dealership. I think someone said their notice stated 2016 and 2017 year models

sent from your basement

Nice, just traded my 2012 JKU in on a new Willys, checked the VIN on the Chrysler web and saw this above.....Had nothing but issues with my JKU 2012 bought new, figured I'd upgrade and didn't even put 500 miles on my Willys, now another recall on a new vehicle before I made the first payment... Great.

Ed Pursell

recall

Anybody have this done yet? Dealer called me today, I take mine in on Monday 8:00am...The issue is wiring behind the headlights, pull the grill and headlights to get to the harness. Got less than 800 miles on my new one. Anyone had this done?

PERS JK

When I bought mine a couple of months ago it was traded for with another dealership...when it got to my dealer they told me about the recall and wouldn't release the jeep to me until done. This pushed back delivery to a day I worked. They ended up delivering jeep to my work and took my trade.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ed Pursell

recall

Any issues with the job you noticed? Just hate the Dealer messing with the Jeep with under 800 miles, pulling the grill and headlight off to fix this... Hopefully it isn't that big of a deal to pull everything apart..Let me know please.

LetsGoMuddin

I've done a few of these recalls at work. Not a big deal, grille and headlights come out. Wiring to the front impact sensor and front marker lights are enclosed in the same plastic wire sheathing. All that we do is separate the wiring so it is not in one bundle. Supposedly this will keep the impact sensor wires better intact if you were to get into a collision.

erje01

No issues with mine, grill and headlights are easy to remove.

If you don't trust your dealer have the service manger come out and look the area over with you before they do the work so if they do booger something up, they can't play dumb about the damage, had an issue with belt buckle rash on my 2010 when I had the engine rebuilt.

Top Bottom