New noise..

rogerk93

So today I noticed a new noise when I started my jeep up put it in drive and allowed it to roll up a little a high pitch squeaking came from the rear driver side tire. It almost sounded like bad bearings. Can my axle bearing be bad? I have 35k miles on my jeep it seems too soon.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
So today I noticed a new noise when I started my jeep up put it in drive and allowed it to roll up a little a high pitch squeaking came from the rear driver side tire. It almost sounded like bad bearings. Can my axle bearing be bad? I have 35k miles on my jeep it seems too soon.

your rear brake pads could be shot, mine were bad at about 26k miles. check the passenger rear, if it's bad replace both rear brake pads

jeeeep

Hooked
The noise did go away after a little and hasn't returned yet.

check your brake pads, that's kinda how they do, squeal then not for a while then again. the longer it goes if they are worn out, the more likely it'll damage the rotor.

you'll need to pull the caliper to check the inner and out pads, my out break pad looked good, the inner break pad was worn to the rivets

rogerk93

check your brake pads, that's kinda how they do, squeal then not for a while then again. the longer it goes if they are worn out, the more likely it'll damage the rotor.

you'll need to pull the caliper to check the inner and out pads, my out break pad looked good, the inner break pad was worn to the rivets
My brakes pads and rotors are only about 2 Months old. It can't be bad. I might have to wait till it's not raining to remove my tire and get a better look. It was a very odd noise.

WJCO

Meme King
You may have a rock or debris stuck in there. Post a video if you can next time you hear it.

rogerk93

You may have a rock or debris stuck in there. Post a video if you can next time you hear it.
One of the hardest things to do is getting a noise to reappear when needed. Lol it's like dropping it of to the dealership and the problem suddenly goes away but comes back as soon as you pick it up.

jeeeep

Hooked
as mentioned, could have been a rock.

it's also possible the brake pad retaining clip may have broken and slipped. I replaced all 4 of the retaining clips on mine last week - they were brand new a couple of months ago. the small tab that holds them to the inside was gone on all 4 and allowed the clip to slide with the brake pad. one of them had slid far enough back it was on the rotor.

I hate squealing brakes enough I pull and check them every time I hear a squeal lol

Top Bottom