Rubi front sway bar shipping

desertrunner

Been keeping my eye out for a Rubi front sway bar to put in my sport, with no local luck i started searching all over CL and found a few but only 1 that would be willing to ship it. My question is since the sway bar is 2 separate pieces in the motor would he be able to take it apart and fit it in a smaller box to help with shipping? Im not sure how it all connects in the motor :thinking:

Jeepfan30

Been keeping my eye out for a Rubi front sway bar to put in my sport, with no local luck i started searching all over CL and found a few but only 1 that would be willing to ship it. My question is since the sway bar is 2 separate pieces in the motor would he be able to take it apart and fit it in a smaller box to help with shipping? Im not sure how it all connects in the motor :thinking:

The Rubicon swaybar is one piece. The two sides of the bar are connected inside the silver motor housing section. I have never tried to seperate them, so not sure if that is possible. :hmm:

Edit: My bad, just re-read and saw that you understand it comes connected.

Last edited:

desertrunner

The Rubicon swaybar is one piece. The two sides of the bar are connected inside the silver motor housing section. I have never tried to seperate them, so not sure if that is possible. :hmm:

Edit: My bad, just re-read and saw that you understand it comes connected.
Yeah I have never pulled apart that motor so not sure if it could come apart like I'm thinking in my head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Honestly the guy could just put a sticker on it & send UPS. Or find a large piece of cardboard & wrap it around the motor itself and tape the shit outta it. Highly doubtful UPS would screw up the bar.

Ddays

Hooked
My understanding is that the electric aspect is not able be used on the sport or Sahara. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

True unless you wanted to go to the trouble of wiring it yourself. Best bet is to get one and take the electric motor off and put an EVO No Limits actuator on it. Its pretty sweet.

desertrunner

So why even ship the motor? I'd assume that's the heaviest part?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
That is true I guess I could ask him if he wants to pull the motor out and send it to me since I'm not planning on using it anyway
True unless you wanted to go to the trouble of wiring it yourself. Best bet is to get one and take the electric motor off and put an EVO No Limits actuator on it. Its pretty sweet.
Yeah that's exactly my plan is to do the no limits, screw trying to wire that up to a sport.

desertrunner

So question about the evo manual no limits thing do you pull out the entire motor and not use any of it. That would be something I should ask before asking if the guy wants to try to pull the motor from it

boardsurfer

So question about the evo manual no limits thing do you pull out the entire motor and not use any of it. That would be something I should ask before asking if the guy wants to try to pull the motor from it

The only piece that readily comes apart is the motor and yes, you take it off (3 bolts, I think) and replace it with the No Limits knob. You might be able to sell the motor for a few bucks if you find a Rubicon owner looking for a spare. I gave mine to GraniteCrystal.

Ddays

Hooked

Yup, you remove the entire motor assy. Honestly might be better to leave it on for shipping purposes - otherwise the ends will spin around if they're not engaged.

101916.jpg

1019162216[1].jpg

Top Bottom