Best locker options....

Dopey84

I'm looking to replace my limited slip and install some lockers... what would be the best option with least amount of work.... and Go

Dopey

Obviously ARB are the "best" lockers. You have to do an air compressor and lines. If those fail no locker. There is the Ox locker it is a manual locker which will stay locked until you disengage it. I'm torn between the two. Because I know I want to have air to fix flats and use air tools on the trail. There are several other Yukon Gears, Detroit lockers, and so many others do your research and listen to all the guys/girls here. They have lots of good info.

parati ad omnia!

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

Obviously ARB are the "best" lockers. You have to do an air compressor and lines. If those fail no locker. There is the Ox locker it is a manual locker which will stay locked until you disengage it. I'm torn between the two. Because I know I want to have air to fix flats and use air tools on the trail.

parati ad omnia!
i believe they make an air locker as well now at ox. And as for arb being the best. That's debatable

sent from your basement

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Rear end work isn't "least amount" of anything for me... That's something I take to the shop. That said, the only lockers I have ever had are Detroit, and ARB. If you're gonna drive on the street much, or at all in snow, go with the ARBs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking to replace my limited slip and install some lockers... what would be the best option with least amount of work.... and Go

Dopey

Best option would be to get a selectable locker like an ARB especially if you live in an area where you see snow/ice. I see that you have an 07 and the cheapest and least amount of work option would be to get something basic like a Detroit.

jango

I love my ARB. I had a lunchbox locker for a couple of weeks and didn't enjoy the clicking noise it made. Arb would be the most ideal locker for a DD.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
I admit that I truly enjoy the ARB lockers. And, if you're planning on increasing your tire size, it would be beneficial to go ahead and completely regear for the largest size you actually plan on using with a good ring & pinion. It may run a bit higher on rpm until the larger tires are on but saves from having to do it all later.
I regeared mine to 5.13 with yukon r&p when I did my arb lockers even though I'm currently running 35" nittos because I know that my ultimate goal is to run 37's. Just a little food for thought.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom