toggle power switch

drdarren

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to add in a on/off toggle switch to control a separate locker switch? I basically want to add the power switch to make sure the locker switch doesnt get hit by accident while driving. Does that make sense? Anyway, hope someone gets what i am saying and has some input.

Thanks

Darren

WJCO

Meme King
You could cut the correct wire to the locker switch, extend both of the cut pieces with the same gauge wire, and then hook those to a toggle switch. With the switch closed, the locker will work when you press the OEM switch. With the switch open, the OEM switch won't do anything. I think something like that would work fine.

drdarren

You could cut the correct wire to the locker switch, extend both of the cut pieces with the same gauge wire, and then hook those to a toggle switch. With the switch closed, the locker will work when you press the OEM switch. With the switch open, the OEM switch won't do anything. I think something like that would work fine.

Thats what i figured and couldnt get it to work since the power toggle has 5 pins on the back, same as the locker switch. two are grounds and two are light ups for the toggle and one is power. I guess i will have to play with it some more.

jeeeep

Hooked
Thats what i figured and couldnt get it to work since the power toggle has 5 pins on the back, same as the locker switch. two are grounds and two are light ups for the toggle and one is power. I guess i will have to play with it some more.

if you have a rubicon, keep in mind the switch is a relay, press once for rear locker, press again for both lockers and then again to lock or unlock the front. press the top of the switch to deactivate both lockers.

I would think the easiest would be to interrupt the single power wire and put your switch on that but also, lockers won't activate in 2wd or 4Hi unless you have a programmer to bypass the system

Last edited:

drdarren

if you have a rubicon, keep in mind the switch is a relay, press once for rear locker, press again for both lockers and then again to lock or unlock the front. press the top of the switch to deactivate both lockers.

I would think the easiest would be to interrupt the single power wire and put your switch on that but also, lockers won't activate in 2wd or 4Hi unless you have a programmer to bypass the system

Actually this is for a sport edition so the locker switches are not built into the vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom