Urgent-pinion axial value

WJCO

Meme King
You mean pinion depth? Never heard of axial alignment. Hopefully someone here can help. Don't take this the wrong way, but you should have had your specs handy prior to diving into that kind of repair.

WJCO

Meme King
I just found these on the web. It's UP TO YOU to find out if it's accurate. I don't know, but just trying to help. And remember that bearing preload specs is NOT the torque spec of the pinion nut, it is the turning resistance reading after the nut is tightened.

IMG_20161209_085643_851.jpg IMG_20161209_085628_143.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I have the Jeep to the mechanic and he ask me the value of the alignment of the pinion after the collapsing of the ring

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds like you're in for a big headache if your mechanic is asking these questions. The crush sleeve is not going to change the pinion depth. If I were you I'd cut and run and take the jeep to a reputable gear installer. Just my 2 pennies.

Guascone

Sounds like you're in for a big headache if your mechanic is asking these questions. The crush sleeve is not going to change the pinion depth. If I were you I'd cut and run and take the jeep to a reputable gear installer. Just my 2 pennies.

You are right! But now unfortunately I need to help him to avoid the disaster risk...:(

Last edited:

Guascone

The rear axle is done...the mechanic is now finishing the front...hopefully everything is going well...for the moment thanks for your support! I'm glade to be on wayoflife family!

Top Bottom