Control arms. Teraflex or Metalcloak

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking to change control arms and some guidance from anybody who is running or who has run either arms on there JK.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Of the two choices, I would recommend the Metalcloak over the TeraFlex. I have seen way too many TeraFlex arms blow out their joints and for no good reason. If you're open to other options, what has been mentioned is what I would recommend as well.

Anvil JKUR

So what I have is stock CA's with a AEV 's geometry correction brackets. The brackets performs as advertised, but they hang low. Looking for the best quality American made option and yes all 8 I plan on going up in tire size eventually.

pop2tu

Really a set of EVO LCAs, to set castor angle, ditch the AEV brackets and you can run 35s or 37s depending on how much lift you have or how much your fenders are trimmed. You don't need all 8 control arms.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Of the 2 I would definitely recommend the MC. I am running them with 3.5" lift and 35s and see no reason to change any time soon. They flex very well. The only thing I'm unsure of if longevity because the joints can't be greased.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly, neither. I run coilovers on my 2 door with front lower Evo arms and rear upper synergy arms. Stock rear lowers and front uppers for me. No real need for all 8 honeslt

rogerk93

I'm running all 8 of Currie control arms and cozdude is running his setup with coil overs and he gets more flex than my kings 2.5 that just shows you that control arms doesn't really give you flex. The shocks is what limits you. So run the front lower and rear upper to correct your geometry and call it a day. Depending on what size lift you are running

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

vitodivita

Of the 2 I would definitely recommend the MC. I am running them with 3.5" lift and 35s and see no reason to change any time soon. They flex very well. The only thing I'm unsure of if longevity because the joints can't be greased.

The bushings can be greased but you need to remove the arms from the vehicle and take off the clips holding the bushing and apply their grease. I'm kinda dreading doing that project.

Run stock arms as long as possible, add aftermarket when needed, with that said would definitely not recommend teraflex.

chitown35

LOSER

The bushings can be greased but you need to remove the arms from the vehicle and take off the clips holding the bushing and apply their grease. I'm kinda dreading doing that project.

Run stock arms as long as possible, add aftermarket when needed, with that said would definitely not recommend teraflex.

As of lately MC has said there is no need to grease the joints, they are essentially maintenance free. They only need to be regreased if you take the joint apart for whatever reason.

Sent from my galaxy s5 but it would've been quicker to drive my jeep there and tell you.

Anvil JKUR

Really appreciate all the feed back. I have come to the decision since I live near Currie Ent. That I will go with there Aluminum LCA.s and steel upper CA's if I can make it work out I will keep all posted. Thanks again.

RSQCON

I found these billet aluminum arms on the Currie website. What does EVO call their billet arms and are they long arms or factory length and what is the price since I can't find them on their website.

0004714_ce-9807flab-jk-front-lower-johnny-joint-control-arms-billet-aluminum_320.jpeg

sunnysideup

"Really appreciate all the feed back. I have come to the decision since I live near Currie Ent. That I will go with there Aluminum LCA.s and steel upper CA's if I can make it work out I will keep all posted. Thanks again."

Just trying to remember the AEV kits... but you might need to get extended links for your front sway bar as well.... when these brackets are used, it changes somewhat what you get in steering components and sway bars... all being also dropped by brackets. You might have to change/remove a couple items to get them all to work together. Not a big cost... but it might be something to look at. Basicly -everything was dropped to operate like stock, but now you will extending your control arms... it might be minor, I don't know what lift of AEV that you have, but just giving you a heads up...

The Cock Father

As of lately MC has said there is no need to grease the joints, they are essentially maintenance free. They only need to be regreased if you take the joint apart for whatever reason.

Sent from my galaxy s5 but it would've been quicker to drive my jeep there and tell you.

First time I've heard this! Great news, since this is a project I was dreading.

132JKPNW

Joints can be greased, just a little work. Pull out the bolt, drop one end, remove retainer clips and grease away. I forget what grease it was they recommend.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I found these billet aluminum arms on the Currie website. What does EVO call their billet arms and are they long arms or factory length and what is the price since I can't find them on their website.

View attachment 234103

Those Currie arms are sweet. EVO used to make what are known as ENVY links and they were for their long arms but they no longer make and sell them.

LOL!! You guys are so easily sold and buy into the silliest things :crazyeyes:

MC-joint-01.jpg

Top Bottom