Greetings from Peoria, Arizona.

GetLost

Greetings all,

First time Jeep owner, only owned it for about 8 months. I've sure learned a lot during that time though, thanks to resources like this forum, and am well on my way to building my dream rig. Still a long way to go, but I'll get there eventually. I'm pretty much taking things in stages which seems to be a pretty common pattern in the community.

I started with a stock 2008 JKU Sahara. Got a killer deal on it and it was a tow behind jeep (previous owner pulled it around the country with a big ass RV). Not a scratch on the inside or out, it had clearly never been taken off-road. I quickly changed this including adding in the scratches from the lovely desert terrain.

So far I've added rims and some 35" tires, took a sawzall to all the excess plastic on the fenders and front bumper, threw on a 3.5" suspension kit, and added an adjustable track bar. I've got some c gussets in the mail, and I'm currently in the middle of replacing all front control arms with arms from Currie. Once those are on, I'm finally installing a JE Reel double cardan up front that's been sitting in my garage for a while. The OE drive shaft frankly lasted longer than I thought it would, but the timebomb finally went off and the rzeppa joint started clicked while out on some unknown trail up in Parks, AZ.

Next up is either an Aussie locker up front and some recovery gear or a regear. Not sure which yet.

PokerStogey

Greetings all,

First time Jeep owner, only owned it for about 8 months. I've sure learned a lot during that time though, thanks to resources like this forum, and am well on my way to building my dream rig. Still a long way to go, but I'll get there eventually. I'm pretty much taking things in stages which seems to be a pretty common pattern in the community.

I started with a stock 2008 JKU Sahara. Got a killer deal on it and it was a tow behind jeep (previous owner pulled it around the country with a big ass RV). Not a scratch on the inside or out, it had clearly never been taken off-road. I quickly changed this including adding in the scratches from the lovely desert terrain.

So far I've added rims and some 35" tires, took a sawzall to all the excess plastic on the fenders and front bumper, threw on a 3.5" suspension kit, and added an adjustable track bar. I've got some c gussets in the mail, and I'm currently in the middle of replacing all front control arms with arms from Currie. Once those are on, I'm finally installing a JE Reel double cardan up front that's been sitting in my garage for a while. The OE drive shaft frankly lasted longer than I thought it would, but the timebomb finally went off and the rzeppa joint started clicked while out on some unknown trail up in Parks, AZ.

Next up is either an Aussie locker up front and some recovery gear or a regear. Not sure which yet.

Welcome from Central Cali

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to WayaLife from Scottsdale ! Sound like you've got a good jump on 'Jeep Fever' ... Get use to the results...an empathy wallet!!! :cheesy: :cheesy:

Top Bottom