the million dollar question...

bharkin

Hi, I'm Brian. I'm a Jeepaholic. However, I'm a new Jeepaholic. I have a '16 2 dr Rubi. It is my daily driver, but I want to take it off the beaten path on occasion. I want to run 33"-35", flat fenders of course. I have been trying to learn and understand all my options, it is daunting. I want to keep it simple, relatively inexpensive. I'm looking at a BB. I'd like some recommendations on a good complete one. I don't really plan on going full tilt long-arm, full articulation (yet :blush:). I was thinking about adding EVO Plush springs front and rear. Help me fellow Jeepaholics, you're my only hope......:beer:

brianjayes

I'd spend a little extra and get a spring lift, I'm running a TF 2.5 with 35" tires, planning to get flatties soonish. Also added lower control arms to get the ride back to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

Find someone with a 4 door that lifted theirs and has the old coil springs laying around. From what I understand this will get you an inch or two and could be as cheap as free.

JKbrick

Hi, I'm Brian. I'm a Jeepaholic. However, I'm a new Jeepaholic. I have a '16 2 dr Rubi. It is my daily driver, but I want to take it off the beaten path on occasion. I want to run 33"-35", flat fenders of course. I have been trying to learn and understand all my options, it is daunting. I want to keep it simple, relatively inexpensive. I'm looking at a BB. I'd like some recommendations on a good complete one. I don't really plan on going full tilt long-arm, full articulation (yet :blush:). I was thinking about adding EVO Plush springs front and rear. Help me fellow Jeepaholics, you're my only hope......:beer:

I too have a 2 door rubicon, I put a JKS 2.5" coil lift on first and got 3.75" of lift, so I got some 4 door rubicon springs 18/59 and this gave me 1" or 1.5", can't recall exactly. Anyway I will be receiving a set of EVO 2" plush coils Tuesday and will be reporting how much lift these give a 2 door. If it is 2" I will be moving the 4 door coils along in the for sale thread, I have $50 in them. This lift height counts for a EVO bumper, 80pounds if I recall, and a warn winch that seemed pretty heavy too

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I too have a 2 door rubicon, I put a JKS 2.5" coil lift on first and got 3.75" of lift, so I got some 4 door rubicon springs 18/59 and this gave me 1" or 1.5", can't recall exactly. Anyway I will be receiving a set of EVO 2" plush coils Tuesday and will be reporting how much lift these give a 2 door. If it is 2" I will be moving the 4 door coils along in the for sale thread, I have $50 in them. This lift height counts for a EVO bumper, 80pounds if I recall, and a warn winch that seemed pretty heavy too

You'll get around 3", or a little more, depending on how heavy your rig is.

GraniteCrystal

So here's where I get confused. Can I just swap out the stock springs for the Plush Ride ones and it be lifted or do I need to do more???

Probably driveable but not off road worthy. You'll need new sway bar links, shocks, probably the drag link flip (I think some guys go without for a bit), etc. You can piece meal it together over time but I'd install it all at once. There's a reason it comes as a kit.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

notnalc68

So here's where I get confused. Can I just swap out the stock springs for the Plush Ride ones and it be lifted or do I need to do more???

The 2" Plush Ride springs are front only, either purchased as the leveling kit, with 3/4" rear spacers, or by themselves. On a 2 door, I would suggest 1.75 to 2" rear spacers to go with them.

bharkin

The 2" Plush Ride springs are front only, either purchased as the leveling kit, with 3/4" rear spacers, or by themselves. On a 2 door, I would suggest 1.75 to 2" rear spacers to go with them.

Ok, I promise I'm not dense. If I want to use the Plush springs, what else do I need to have so I'm good? I want a budget friendly "one and done" lift.

notnalc68

Ok, I promise I'm not dense. If I want to use the Plush springs, what else do I need to have so I'm good? I want a budget friendly "one and done" lift.

Like GraniteCrystal said. Longer swaybar links. At 3" up front, keep an eye on your front drive shaft boot. If it tears, the joint will fail soon. An aftermarket drive shaft with double cardan u joints will solve that problem.

JKbrick

Probably driveable but not off road worthy. You'll need new sway bar links, shocks, probably the drag link flip (I think some guys go without for a bit), etc. You can piece meal it together over time but I'd install it all at once. There's a reason it comes as a kit.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

I agree with this, do your research and buy a nice complete kit, you will spend more buying a bunch of parts

Top Bottom