Jeep jk Battery Terminal

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Ive been having problems with my ground wire on my battery. Its becoming more regular that i have to pop my hood and either wiggle or tighten my ground terminal to get my jeep to start. Ive heard this is a common problem in the mopar clips and was wondering if anyone had come up with a good aftermarket solution? Any good recommendations?

IMG_1481566887.473277.jpg

I know, messy wiring. I plan on cleaning it up some with the new connector

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Ive been having problems with my ground wire on my battery. Its becoming more regular that i have to pop my hood and either wiggle or tighten my ground terminal to get my jeep to start. Ive heard this is a common problem in the mopar clips and was wondering if anyone had come up with a good aftermarket solution? Any good recommendations?

I know, messy wiring. I plan on cleaning it up some with the new connector

Check this thread. Lots of options. I had the same question mainly due to amount of accessories. I've been very happy with the ones I mentioned in this thread. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?37020-Aftermarket-Battery-Terminals

Frydaddy

Right off the bat, The nut closest to the lead terminal is the clamping nut. If you look underneath it, the nut is convex shaped, and there is a channel in the metal. That nut needs to slide along that channel as it is getting clamped down. Those accessories are removing its ability to clamp to the lead terminals.

You need to move all your accessories off of those first nuts. On the positive (red) side, any of the three posts will work fine. It looks like you are missing a nut on the negative (black) side. Find a replacement nut and move your winch wire to there.

Edit: I've made a handy guide for reference,
Battery_Terminals.jpg

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Right off the bat, The nut closest to the lead terminal is the clamping nut. If you look underneath it, the nut is convex shaped, and there is a channel in the metal. That nut needs to slide along that channel as it is getting clamped down. Those accessories are removing its ability to clamp to the lead terminals.

You need to move all your accessories off of those first nuts. On the positive (red) side, any of the three posts will work fine. It looks like you are missing a nut on the negative (black) side. Find a replacement nut and move your winch wire to there.

Edit: I've made a handy guide for reference,
View attachment 234224

An m6 flange nut will fit that, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys, ill have to give it a go. I wasnt gonna snap a picture but now im sure glad i did haha

I bought this jeep used and all this stuff was on there. I slowly am finding all the stuff the guy did wrong. [emoji849]

Last edited:

Frydaddy

Thanks guys, ill have to give it a go. I wasnt gonna snap a picture but now im sure glad i did haha
I bought this jeep used and all this stuff was on there. I slowly am finding all the stuff the guy did wrong. [emoji849]

I'm glad we could help. Now that I look at it, it seems my jeep was missing the same nut at one point. Did they all come without a fastener there?

Ed Pursell

JK Battery terminal

Just an FYI, I bought two NEW Jk's including a 2012 and a now a new Willys Wheeler a couple weeks ago, and the negative (black wire) post on the back end does not come with a nut. So don't worry about if one was missing, they don't come with one apparently since I noticed this on both new purchases. It's not missing. No nut.

Top Bottom