EVO Plush Ride Coil Question.

White_JKU

Im looking at upgrading my 2.5" spacer lift to the EVO Plush Coils.
Im NOT running heavy bumpers/ winches.

For those of you who have them, The springs are listed as 3" springs.. What kind of Lift amount did you get after install and after being installed for a period of time... what kind of sagging rates did you notice?

Reason im asking is because I can tell that my Factory springs are sagging after 20K miles and i would hate to buy 3" coils to end up with a 2" lift in a year. So I am also considering the 3.5" Clayton springs as well .... the price is good on those too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Im looking at upgrading my 2.5" spacer lift to the EVO Plush Coils.
Im NOT running heavy bumpers/ winches.

For those of you who have them, The springs are listed as 3" springs.. What kind of Lift amount did you get after install and after being installed for a period of time... what kind of sagging rates did you notice?

Reason im asking is because I can tell that my Factory springs are sagging after 20K miles and i would hate to buy 3" coils to end up with a 2" lift in a year. So I am also considering the 3.5" Clayton springs as well .... the price is good on those too.

Unlike coils made by other manufacturers which often yield more lift than advertised, the EVO plush ride coils will settle in at 3" of lift or 4" if that's what you buy. So long as you make sure to install the proper bump stop extensions to prevent the possible over compression of them, they will stay at that height.

White_JKU

Unlike coils made by other manufacturers which often yield more lift than advertised, the EVO plush ride coils will settle in at 3" of lift or 4" if that's what you buy. So long as you make sure to install the proper bump stop extensions to prevent the possible over compression of them, they will stay at that height.

Great! Looks like ill be going with the EVO then.

Would the air-bump stops be sufficient in preventing over compression?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great! Looks like ill be going with the EVO then.

Would the air-bump stops be sufficient in preventing over compression?

You would want air bumps more for eating up big hits than to prevent over compression. Unless you think you'll be driving hard and fast in the desert, you may want to save your money.

White_JKU

Ok... another question. .. my pro mod dealer suggested that I install heavy duty steering parts in my rig... what do yall suggest?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ok... another question. .. my pro mod dealer suggested that I install heavy duty steering parts in my rig... what do yall suggest?

Did he say what? I am guessing a PSC kit and I would say for 37's and up yes but 35's you should be fine without it.

White_JKU

Did he say what? I am guessing a PSC kit and I would say for 37's and up yes but 35's you should be fine without it.

I do plan on eventually moving up to 37's within the next year to year and a half.

Is a PSC kit all that you would recommend.... I know upgraded ball joints too. what about heavy duty tie rod..ect...

dkjk

I'm running 33's and feel the need to upgrade. Maybe I'm just hard on the steering when I wheel, but my stock gear box is loose for sure. I do plan to get to 37's eventually, but I still would get an upgraded psc system.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I do plan on eventually moving up to 37's within the next year to year and a half.

Is a PSC kit all that you would recommend.... I know upgraded ball joints too. what about heavy duty tie rod..ect...

I dunno, I still run the factory drag link only flipped using the EVO steering correction kit and still run a factory track bar. The tie rod takes a beating and I personally like the one made by Currie the most. Dynatrac Pro Steer ball joints can't be beat either.

White_JKU

I'm running 33's and feel the need to upgrade. Maybe I'm just hard on the steering when I wheel, but my stock gear box is loose for sure. I do plan to get to 37's eventually, but I still would get an upgraded psc system.

My steering feels loose too compared to stock. been running 35's for a little over a year now.
gotta get a PR44 for the 37's though. A part of me wants to see what would happen with the D-30 but its my only vehicle and cant afford to be out of a ride if I snap something.

anyone recommend a vendor for the PSC.

Ive considered new stabalizers.. but i always get the mixed reviews of them not being worth spending a dollar on... and others that swear upon upgrading them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My steering feels loose too compared to stock. been running 35's for a little over a year now.
gotta get a PR44 for the 37's though. A part of me wants to see what would happen with the D-30 but its my only vehicle and cant afford to be out of a ride if I snap something.

anyone recommend a vendor for the PSC.

Ive considered new stabalizers.. but i always get the mixed reviews of them not being worth spending a dollar on... and others that swear upon upgrading them.

In what way does your steering feel loose? Can you be more specific?

You don't need to run a PSC but, it will help making your steering easier when running 37's or bigger. But, you should know that in a lot of ways, your steering will feel loose.

Regarding steering stabilizers, I personally would only run a 2010-up factory one.

dkjk

In what way does your steering feel loose? Can you be more specific?

You don't need to run a PSC but, it will help making your steering easier when running 37's or bigger. But, you should know that in a lot of ways, your steering will feel loose.

Regarding steering stabilizers, I personally would only run a 2010-up factory one.

On mine, I have had my shop foreman look at it and he could tell it was the gear box. My tie rods and everything are tight. I know I should probably try to adjust it before anything though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On mine, I have had my shop foreman look at it and he could tell it was the gear box. My tie rods and everything are tight. I know I should probably try to adjust it before anything though.

If you're pitman arm nut is loose, that will make your steering feel loose and sloppy. This is a common problem especially for people who've installed a dropped pitman arm.

dkjk

If you're pitman arm nut is loose, that will make your steering feel loose and sloppy. This is a common problem especially for people who've installed a dropped pitman arm.

I can check that. I don't have a dropped pitman arm though. Maybe this symptom will help.. When I hit a bumpy patch in the road, my steering wheel will feel like it has death wobble, but the tires aren't doing that. I only feel it in the steering wheel.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can check that. I don't have a dropped pitman arm though. Maybe this symptom will help.. When I hit a bumpy patch in the road, my steering wheel will feel like it has death wobble, but the tires aren't doing that. I only feel it in the steering wheel.

Kind of sounds like bump steer, how much lift do you have on your Jeep and what all components did you install with it? Did you install a front track bar relocation bracket? If so, did you install a drag link flip at the same time?

dkjk

3" lift. It's never been an issue until I went wheelin last summer and got a little rough with it.. More than I normally do anyway. When I left the ORV park, my steering wheel was off centered to the right, but it drives straight.

dkjk

Kind of sounds like bump steer, how much lift do you have on your Jeep and what all components did you install with it? Did you install a front track bar relocation bracket? If so, did you install a drag link flip at the same time?

Sorry, didn't quote you. Not sure if you would've gotten a notification. Look at my reply right under your last one

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
3" lift. It's never been an issue until I went wheelin last summer and got a little rough with it.. More than I normally do anyway. When I left the ORV park, my steering wheel was off centered to the right, but it drives straight.

Sounds like you probably bent your tie-rod a bit. If so, you have too much toe-in and that would have changed your steering wheel position as well.

dkjk

Sounds like you probably bent your tie-rod a bit. If so, you have too much toe-in and that would have changed your steering wheel position as well.

Just and update on my steering issue. I replace my steering stabilizer a week ago and that solve my problem. With how it felt, I figured it would be more serious.

Top Bottom