1978 cj7

Nic Try

IMG_2965.jpg

This was my last build before the JK, currently sit at the new owners showroom (premier Jeep)

AMC 360
Edelbrock carb, cam, intake
Hooker headers with borla muffs
Custom cage
4 rubicon express lift with wheel base extension
D30 front with LS, M20 rear with 1 pc axles and detroit locker
Auto meter gauges
GPS speedo
400+hp 360
33" MTRs
4.33 gears
Hydroboost

IMG_2784.jpg IMG_2784.jpg

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Very awesome!! I'm trying to find an old CJ msyelf, but here in NE all that I can find are rusted out POS's! :(

Nic Try

Wow , super clean , how did the r.e. springs ride on the street and off road?

The RE springs were great, they are the same width as YJ springs, so there si some security in that (i have broken the narrow ones through the years many times.. make sure to reinforce the frame!

This kid allowed me to get rid of the spring reversal, play with the wheel base, and dial in the ride. I truthfully never did get the sway bars dialed in, that would have been the next project.

I would fully recommend the RE kit- there are higher end choices like Deaver, but i felt they had the best solution paired with some mono tube shocks..

Nic Try

Very awesome!! I'm trying to find an old CJ msyelf, but here in NE all that I can find are rusted out POS's! :(

This jeep was bough on ebay while i was laid up with 2 broken ankles (never drink and shop online while feeling sorry for yourself) lol

But when i picked up the jeep it had Bedliner on the floors, upon closer inspection, they were rotted out. I had to weld in a whole new floor pan, good part is that they are very available, and they even have thicker replacements available.... the PO tried to hid that with bedliner. I paid about $9k for a clean (appearing) renegade with a 304 and it cost me another $20k to get it to where you see it there...

I only got $15k on the sale, and really that was high for a CJ...........

The sales manager told me last week that they are going to be selling this jeep........im sure they will want more than the $15k i got.

Top Bottom