Evo rockstars

OJK12

I think so, if your gonna play in the rocks a lot. My last JK I didn't run them and my lower mounts were definitely beat up and thrashed. I was able to just reuse my factory shocks so I didn't even have to buy new shocks for the rear when I lifted it. The other nice thing is your not just getting extra clearance but your also gaining a skid for your lower control arms and shocks. They are easy to install and not that expensive so to me it's a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
What are your guys' opinions? Is the hassle of running 2 different shock lengths worth it to have that little bit of extra clearance?

I don't think its recenssary to replace your shocks. I didn't replace mine or remove my shock extensions when I installed my Rockstar skids.

I did replace my brake lines with longer ones, routed them using Frank's write-up and then checked everything on an RTI ramp.

I feel that they are absolutely worth it and I haven't been hung up on my rear shock mounts since.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You don't have to run different shock lengths at all. The one thing you need to worry about is that your shock has enough shaft showing that when you raise it up 1.5" that you hit the bump stop to stop your uptravel instead of bottoming out the shock

bthomas

These are on my to do list so I'm going to add a question. Hope nobody minds.

My shocks have about 1/2" showing at full compression, and my springs have maybe 1" before they start to unseat at full droop with my current set up.

By raising the lower shock mount 1.5" in my situation, I'd need shorter shocks to use the rock stars, correct?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
These are on my to do list so I'm going to add a question. Hope nobody minds.

My shocks have about 1/2" showing at full compression, and my springs have maybe 1" before they start to unseat at full extension with my current set up.

By raising the lower shock mount 1.5" in my situation, I'd need shorter shocks to use the rock stars, correct?

No you need more bump stop

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wouldn't my springs unseat then at droop? By raising the lower mount, wouldn't the axle drop further by the same amount?
Am I overthinking this?

Yea they prob would unseat but you can always put spring retainers on as well.

You deff need longer bump stops tho because you don't want to bottom out the shock

WJCO

Meme King
Wouldn't my springs unseat then at droop? By raising the lower mount, wouldn't the axle drop further by the same amount?
Am I overthinking this?

Yea they prob would unseat but you can always put spring retainers on as well.

You deff need longer bump stops tho because you don't want to bottom out the shock

Bump stops to keep the shock from bottoming out. And as Cozdude mentioned, some kind of retaining system to keep the coil in. You can build/buy retainers or buy limiting straps after measuring where you would mount them.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Awesome, thanks guys! Now my next question is my front shocks are 1/2"-1" too short. Does anyone know of a relocation bracket that would move the bottom of the shock up? Trying really hard not to buy new shocks since they're fox performance series remote rezies

trailless

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom