Bushwacker flat fender flares

Nic Try

Hello Guys-

I am have some installed now over at a local body shop, i was under the impression that they would be a 4-5 hour job worst case. The body shop is trying to hit me at 12 hours.

Who here has done them and can tell me the truth here...

Nic Try

Why not do these yourself. It's prob an hour per corner with beers in between.

I agree that i could do it too, but honestly, this is a busy time of the year for me, and i really wanted them done. So pay i must, i just don't wanna get bent over too far........
i heard from 4-6 hours at most.....

Nic Try

Here's a write-up that I did when I installed mine and it might help you out:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/bushwacker-jk-flat-fender-installation-write-up

Took a lot longer to do one side being that I was documenting everything but the other side went a lot faster. If I could guess, 4-5 hours is what it should take especially if you ditch the inner fender liners.

Wow- now that's what im looking for. I will email this over. Its a really well known body shop, so im kinda surprised that they did this. Hell the jeep dealer wanted $600 so i figured that a component body shop could do it faster for better (figured at $50 hour labor vs $100).......

I will have to be more careful in the future, im traveling in Dallas now, and i wanted it done before the holidays. The only way that was Gonna happen was to pay someone...

I will let you guys know the end results, im more mad at myself.....

JKbrick

Wow- now that's what im looking for. I will email this over. Its a really well known body shop, so im kinda surprised that they did this. Hell the jeep dealer wanted $600 so i figured that a component body shop could do it faster for better (figured at $50 hour labor vs $100).......

I will have to be more careful in the future, im traveling in Dallas now, and i wanted it done before the holidays. The only way that was Gonna happen was to pay someone...

I will let you guys know the end results, im more mad at myself.....

I'd be surprised if a body shop is only $50 an hour

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

woof359

take your time

I did my own, took 3 nights after supper listening to some good music, 3 went on with out a hitch, RR needed some TLC and cutting the front fender liners were a pain but not that big a deal, Im thinking if I had to do it again 6 hours 4.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
Definitely they are trying to fuck you up. Took me about an hour and the half for the first corner and about an hour on each remaining corner.
Install is pretty straight forward with some supportive youtube videos.

Nic Try

Definitely they are trying to fuck you up. Took me about an hour and the half for the first corner and about an hour on each remaining corner.
Install is pretty straight forward with some supportive youtube videos.

We ended up settling on a price, $400, so if it took them 12 hours the joke is on them!

It turned out well F37386E2-D3D6-453D-8E2C-4F0590C9E650.jpg

Top Bottom