Tru lok sensor

Guascone

Hi, the tru lok sensor on front d44 could be assembled with the axle closed and the differential assembled?

The number 16 in the pictures:
IMG_3408.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The sensor has a plunger that kind of looks like a mushroom and it NEEDS to have the base of it ON the dog clutch. You NEED to do this from the inside.

jeeeep

Hooked
I seen the pictures. Thanks again

The mechanic broke it during the assembly...now I'm wating the spare part...:(

it's not uncommon for that to happen with mechanics not familiar with the Jeep D44, often they also fail to install it properly.

I hope he's not charging you any more additional labor

J

JKDream

I seen the pictures. Thanks again

The mechanic broke it during the assembly...now I'm wating the spare part...:(

You don't need it to run the locker. It's just a sensor.
Part number 17 is the actuator, which is connected to the solenoid.
If you run this to a switch without the sensor, the only thing you lose is the dash locker light, but retain the switch light.
I removed my sensor, it can cause issues if the plunger ever gets sticky.

Guascone

it's not uncommon for that to happen with mechanics not familiar with the Jeep D44, often they also fail to install it properly.

I hope he's not charging you any more additional labor

No, he caused me to many trouble and he will not charge any more additional labor...

You don't need it to run the locker. It's just a sensor.
Part number 17 is the actuator, which is connected to the solenoid.
If you run this to a switch without the sensor, the only thing you lose is the dash locker light, but retain the switch light.
I removed my sensor, it can cause issues if the plunger ever gets sticky.

Thanks for the suggestion! If the spare part is not available the mechanic will close the axle without the sensor...

Thanks everybody for your support!

J

JKDream

No, he caused me to many trouble and he will not charge any more additional labor...

Thanks for the suggestion! If the spare part is not available the mechanic will close the axle without the sensor...

Thanks everybody for your support!

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure if you don't have a Rubicon you can't wire up the sensor anyway.
(Assuming you swapped the axle in).

Guascone

Mabe I not understood very well...I have a rubicon, my intention is, in case the spare part is not available immediately, to assembly the locker without the sensor for few time?
My understanding is that the only issue can happen is the dash light always on ( or of) .
That's right?

J

JKDream

Mabe I not understood very well...I have a rubicon, my intention is, in case the spare part is not available immediately, to assembly the locker without the sensor for few time?
My understanding is that the only issue can happen is the dash light always on ( or of) .
That's right?

Ah I thought you were swapping an rubicon axle in.
But to answer your question yes, if you plug into the top solenoid connector and not the sensor your locker will still work but the dash light will not work.

Guascone

Today I replaced the front locker sensor...
Both locker are now working properly and the light on the dashboard is also working.
When I disengage both lockers the light of the front locker switched off but the rear light continues to flash.
I checked both lockers and they are properly disengaged but the rear light is still flashing...
Any ideas? Thanks a lot

jeeeep

Hooked
Today I replaced the front locker sensor...
Both locker are now working properly and the light on the dashboard is also working.
When I disengage both lockers the light of the front locker switched off but the rear light continues to flash.
I checked both lockers and they are properly disengaged but the rear light is still flashing...
Any ideas? Thanks a lot

were you pushing the top of the button or the bottom?

when you push the bottom of the button it switches from rear only to top and rear then back to rear only

when you push the top of the switch it disengages both axles

also make sure you are moving in a straight line slowly

Guascone

When I push the bottom the elocker is engaged...one touch for rear two for the front...when I push the top I disengage one touch for the front and another for the rear.
The front light switched off but the rear start to flash...
Both locker are properly disengaged

jeeeep

Hooked
When I push the bottom the elocker is engaged...one touch for rear two for the front...when I push the top I disengage one touch for the front and another for the rear.
The front light switched off but the rear start to flash...
Both locker are properly disengaged

are you moving forward? the flashing indicates it's trying to engage or disengage, in mine I have to move forward a bit (about the length of the jeep maybe a bit more) for the rear to completely disengage.

Guascone

are you moving forward? the flashing indicates it's trying to engage or disengage, in mine I have to move forward a bit (about the length of the jeep maybe a bit more) for the rear to completely disengage.

Yes I moved forward and backward but nothing, the light is still flashing...
I tried to go with one wheel on the ice and the differential was free not blocked...

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Yes I moved forward and backward but nothing, the light is still flashing...
I tried to go with one wheel on the ice and the differential was free not blocked...

seems like the sensor is not completely releasing, you may need to pull the cover and see where it might be hanging up.

jeeeep

Hooked
check the wiring and switch 1st, make sure it's all good and not grounding somewhere it shouldn't be.

Top Bottom