Bumper on a Budget

MegansWidow

I am just starting to look around and make a build list of what I want to do to my girl starting with a new front bumper. I am looking to get a decent stubby or mid width bumper that won't make my bank account scream even more than it already is. I don't need a winch but I need D rings. What are my best options?

WJCO

Meme King
I am just starting to look around and make a build list of what I want to do to my girl starting with a new front bumper. I am looking to get a decent stubby or mid width bumper that won't make my bank account scream even more than it already is. I don't need a winch but I need D rings. What are my best options?

Welcome to WAL. There are so many options out there. Just try and make sure you get one that's made out of US steel.

RubiJay

welcome! I'm also in the same boat as you, but I've found that since you're looking for a stubby, a really cheap way to achieve that look is to chop your stock bumper and purchase or fabricated end caps. I'm pretty sure you can also somehow add d ring mounts, but I'm not too sure on that. The chopped stock bumper actually looks pretty good and there's a lot of diy threads on it here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

EVO 1/4 Pounder is fairly cheap without the stinger.
You could always mod your stock bumper for free since it already has tow hooks.
You'll probably get quite a few different answers, bumpers are preference.
As WJ said, just make sure its make out of good quality steel.

Peak

Crawler Conceptz makes a few cheaper bumpers. I was originally going to go with their Skinny Series but I decided to save a little more and go with the EVO 1/4.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mojave5

Crawler Conceptz makes a few cheaper bumpers. I was originally going to go with their Skinny Series but I decided to save a little more and go with the EVO 1/4.

This ^^^

Probably the cheapest option out there for a decent steel bumper that is simple.

I run the Crawler Conceptz Skinny series front bumper. It's been great so far and have zero complaints. Also on the less $$$ side which is nice! :thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
EVO 1/4 Pounder is fairly cheap without the stinger.
You could always mod your stock bumper for free since it already has tow hooks.
You'll probably get quite a few different answers, bumpers are preference.
As WJ said, just make sure its make out of good quality steel.

^^^^ That. Save your money & buy a good one, or you may buy a cheap one, and wind up buying a good one later, spending even more money.

Jax74

welcome! I'm also in the same boat as you, but I've found that since you're looking for a stubby, a really cheap way to achieve that look is to chop your stock bumper and purchase or fabricated end caps. I'm pretty sure you can also somehow add d ring mounts, but I'm not too sure on that. The chopped stock bumper actually looks pretty good and there's a lot of diy threads on it here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I got a stubby off a member here for free and pretty much he cut the ends then folded the end plastic and melted it together. It doesn't look tooo bad. Let me grab a picture for ya. IMG_3200.jpg

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Crawler Conceptz Skinny with Stinger and shackle tabs. Purchased it thru Havoc with WAYALIFE discount for about $305 made in the USA. IMG_4232.jpg

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

Draconianwinter

There are allot of the options, but will really depend on what your budget is. Like most have started cc and the evo 1/4 pounder. Just depends on what your limit is in price and what you are willing to do or not do as far as mounting goes. Some require you to cut the frame horns some don't. Also will need to take into account of what type of wheeling you will be doing and what type of setup you have such as a Rubicon like me. I have a rubi sway bar disconnect motor so once I decided to replace the front bumper I made certain I could get a skid to protect it. Granted probably didn't need to, but it's one less thing to worry about.

sent from your basement

Last edited:

NavyJeeper

Body Armor. Affordable; bolt on; strong. Probably China made, but they work and Im not rich.

View attachment 234510 View attachment 234511

I am in the same boat I'm not rich and when I first got my jeep and started working on it I went for the cheaper option....worst idea ever. This is your jeep and do what you want, but it's better to take your time with your build save up the money, and get quality products rather then just throwing together cheap poorly welded bumpers. Your future self and your jeep will thank you down the road.

^^ what he said. take your time, save and get good solid reputable USA made parts. if you plan on having your jeep for a while, it doesn't hurt to hold out for the good stuff...

Top Bottom