What would you do??

DirtyJeeP

Ok I need a little advice on what I should do first. Just a little info on my Jeep.
I have an 08 JKUR with a 3.5 or 4.5 (havent measured it yet) RE long arm lift ( I know not the best, but it was what it had when I bought it) :doh:, factory rock guards, XRC front and rear bumpers, and running 35's.
I want to go with an EVO long arm set up (need to save up some more), but would also like to upgrade to EVO rock sliders and skins. I havent really went out on any trails so I cant really say how good or bad the current set up works.

So the question is should I upgrade my suspension or should i get the EVO sliders and rock skins, or should I be worring about other things?
Any advice is great thanks

otisnruby

Ok I need a little advice on what I should do first. Just a little info on my Jeep.
I have an 08 JKUR with a 3.5 or 4.5 (havent measured it yet) RE long arm lift ( I know not the best, but it was what it had when I bought it) :doh:, factory rock guards, XRC front and rear bumpers, and running 35's.
I want to go with an EVO long arm set up (need to save up some more), but would also like to upgrade to EVO rock sliders and skins. I havent really went out on any trails so I cant really say how good or bad the current set up works.

So the question is should I upgrade my suspension or should i get the EVO sliders and rock skins, or should I be worring about other things?

Being new to wheelin and winter a Jeep, my input may not offer much but...I would say wheel with your current setup and go from there. Find out what type of trails you want to tackle and build accordingly. Are you considering any safety/recovery gear?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I would say rock sliders first. I learned this weekend that even on an 'easy' trail without a good spotter your rockers would be f'ed! Get those before more lift.

DirtyJeeP

Being new to wheelin and winter a Jeep, my input may not offer much but...I would say wheel with your current setup and go from there. Find out what type of trails you want to tackle and build accordingly. Are you considering any safety/recovery gear?

I have a winch and recovery straps etc. still need a few other things. As far as safety gear goes I am getting a sport cage, but what else would you recommend.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Being that you have a Rubicon, you should be able to get by with your factory rocker guards for a while. Of course, if you're just looking to make upgrades, the EVO skins and rocker guards would be a good upgrade especially for the trails we have out here.

I have a winch and recovery straps etc. still need a few other things. As far as safety gear goes I am getting a sport cage, but what else would you recommend.

Sounds like you've got your bases covered pretty well. If you don't already have a CB, I would get that. If you don't already have new drive shafts, they would be something I would save up for as well. Bead lock wheels are great to have too.

DirtyJeeP

Being that you have a Rubicon, you should be able to get by with your factory rocker guards for a while. Of course, if you're just looking to make upgrades, the EVO skins and rocker guards would be a good upgrade especially for the trails we have out here.

Sounds like you've got your bases covered pretty well. If you don't already have a CB, I would get that. If you don't already have new drive shafts, they would be something I would save up for as well. Bead lock wheels are great to have too.

Yeah I have a CB on its way, have new driveshafts. Things to put on the list are headlock wheels.

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom