Headlights and heater go out together?

ryanbauer

Just regeared my jeep and put in a lot of work the past couple weeks and thought I got all the little kinks fixed. I guess not, my headlights and my heater/ air conditioning will go out together? They both stop working until I disconnect my battery (8 months old) for about 10 minutes and then they'll work again for a day sometimes more but then randomly they'll both kick off. I've checked fuses but I am stumped how these two could be related!? Has anyone experience anything this weird? I hope it's not my tipm..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ryanbauer

Amazon LED lights

Linked almost all my electrical issues back to my stupid Amazon LED headlights. They caused all the circuits to appear low which in turn pissed off the computer causing random electrical issues. Back to stock I go. This is what I get for being cheap!

Kalums

Did you use the pulse width modulators with your lights? Newer vehicles computers are linked to the headlights... Usually so that it can tell you when you have a light out. But because the electrical draw is different between a halogen and an LED the computer thinks there is something wrong. The PWM is there to correct this. It also works as an anti flicker device I believe, so your LEDs don't look like a weak strobe light.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom