Local Nevada Shop Custom Rock Rails

Jtvegas

Had these rock rails built to gain some clearance and slightly angled for the wife's foot to step on. Had the ace-rubi combo but they hung just a little to low IMG_3992.JPG IMG_3991.JPG IMG_3980.JPG IMG_3990.JPG
IMG_3993.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

Well they look nice, hopefully they do their job. Any particular reason why you decided to have a set built, versus ordering a set from evo if the price was the same?

Ddays

Hooked
:thinking: If they cost the same why not get the original? I get supporting the local guy and all that, but just seems unfair to the guys that come up with the designs in the first place.
No idea how many sliders EVO sells, but may have been smart to patent this design....

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Yes. Run some trails with these guys and just supporting a local business. They also have a great reputation for quality work in the off-road community. Yes could have done lod or evo but also wanted a higher angle than my ace

Crazy those look almost EXACTLY like my low angle EVO sliders. IMG_5572.jpg

Did the shop tell you they were original or do you like buying cheap copies of stuff that someone spent time and money on to R&D?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yes. Run some trails with these guys and just supporting a local business. They also have a great reputation for quality work in the off-road community. Yes could have done lod or evo but also wanted a higher angle than my ace

:naw::naw:

So wait, you paid a local shop to copy someone else's sliders, and it cost you about the same amount as buying the originals? Eat a dick! You are not supporting a local business; IMHO you are supporting thievery. :doh: Not sure if that local shop you run with creates anything unique, but how would you feel if the tables were turned and someone else out there just copied their design? Every shop is a local business to someone but that certainly doesn't make it ok for them to copy the designs of other shops. If you want to support something, support ingenuity and entrepreneurialism, not copy machines.

Jtvegas

As they may appear similar in images you can see all the differences in person. Built for a specific need. My ace low angle would always get hung up on rocks due to rocks being uneven. They were built at a 45 degree angle to gain more clearance and allow just enough to get foot on. Complete different measurements and sizing with different bolt on system . I thought they look more like my ace. IMG_3998.JPG IMG_4002.JPG IMG_4005.JPG

Top Bottom