Twist..wth??

DIRTYHR

Is this true ...that I need to upgrade to d60 if I want to do any "good" wheelin? Nothing extreme, but I was told by a kj owner my jk will twist if kept in a flex too long..wtf? Is he just a dick?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
WTF? Guy sounds like a dickhead. He probably bought a D60 and wants to justify his purchase by belittling everyone who doesn't have one. Lots of things can break on a Jeep depending on how you use it, etc, but there's a lot of variables. I don't think you need to go buy a new axle just cause this dude told you too.

EDIT: Correction.....he's a KJ owner. Do they even have Dana 60s for those?

J

JKDream

Is this true ...that I need to upgrade to d60 if I want to do any "good" wheelin? Nothing extreme, but I was told by a kj owner my jk will twist if kept in a flex too long..wtf? Is he just a dick?

He was probably referring to spinning the tubes/breaking the plug welds.
It can happen, but a D30 44 60 etc isn't going to make a difference if it happens.

tgoss

LOL, even 60's break if you do yourself some "good" wheeling. Only way you're going to find out is by doing it yourself. Everyone's rig and driving style is different. What defines "good" wheeling is just getting out there and doing it with close friends and meeting new people, trying things as you progress and so on.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

c5f.gif

FdFhs.gif

latest

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Idk if the KJ is a unibody or not but I have seen some XJs (which are unibody) have the body twist or flex after wheeling pretty good and then fenders don't line up, doors won't open or close, hood won't line up. Etc. Usually it took a while though. It wasn't something that happened after one wheeling event. It would also happen faster or be a lot worse if the doors were off when wheeling.

ob_tj

I am a big believer of wheel what you got till it breaks. The reason why I haven't gotten a new axle... is hasn't broken.

jeeeep

Hooked

umm..... a kj owner

damn I've been wheeling on D44's since all this time!

next time you see that guy hand him a roll of toilet paper cause he's full of shit.

you can do plenty of "good wheelin" with a stock rig, upgrades allow you to do it with a little more confidence and allows you to pick more challenging obstacles.

Coop

Caught the Bug
umm..... a kj owner

damn I've been wheeling on D44's since all this time!

next time you see that guy hand him a roll of toilet paper cause he's full of shit.

you can do plenty of "good wheelin" with a stock rig, upgrades allow you to do it with a little more confidence and allows you to pick more challenging obstacles.

^^This^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

WTF? Guy sounds like a dickhead. He probably bought a D60 and wants to justify his purchase by belittling everyone who doesn't have one. Lots of things can break on a Jeep depending on how you use it, etc, but there's a lot of variables. I don't think you need to go buy a new axle just cause this dude told you too.

EDIT: Correction.....he's a KJ owner. Do they even have Dana 60s for those?

This is probably spot on.

DIRTYHR

I'm thinking I meant xj then..I'd have to find the post comment..it looks like an Older square Cherokee...excuse my knowledge of other jeeps lol

Top Bottom