Anyone done Plascoat?

mojave5

I have a few parts at my powdercoater and we are deciding to them with Plascoat, from what i've read it's even stronger and more durable than powdercoat.

Anyone used it before?

Link to their website:
http://www.plascoat.com/

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Don't waste your money. It is not that durable ESPECIALLY compared to powder coat. You get gas on it it will wrinkle and peel off. Sure you get instant satisfaction. Put your money towards coating or painting.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mojave5

Don't waste your money. It is not that durable ESPECIALLY compared to powder coat. You get gas on it it will wrinkle and peel off. Sure you get instant satisfaction. Put your money towards coating or painting.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's not plastidip or a spray on if that's what you're thinking of. It's a powder and baked on just like other powder coats.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
It's not plastidip or a spray on if that's what you're thinking of. It's a powder and baked on just like other powder coats.

Shit man sorry!:doh: I have seen that stuff. It is more of a rubberized product right? If so, I never have used but would consider it. I have seen on playground equipment and such. I think it would be a very nice option.

mojave5

Shit man sorry!:doh: I have seen that stuff. It is more of a rubberized product right? If so, I never have used but would consider it. I have seen on playground equipment and such. I think it would be a very nice option.

Haha no problems man. Would never do Plastidip on the jeep honestly. But this Plascoat stuff is interesting, it comes with a 70 year warranty against crack, chip or fade. You can also control how soft it is which could be cool if you wanted it softer on like a roll cage.

I'm going to do it on my fenders, bumpers, tire carrier, and rock skins first. My powder coat guy with sandblast and do regular powder coat if i decide i don't like it also.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've seen that coating on some oil & gas equipment and have to say it's pretty tough stuff, it can take a beating

Top Bottom