Manufacture Logo

PATRIOTKJM

Does anyone else get annoyed that it's become the norm for fabricated parts to have the mfg logo cut into them at a large scale? I would have 10 logos on my jeep right now if I hadn't weld and metal finished prior to powder coating. [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

Yes, and no. Yes it's annoying because I hate being a free billboard. No, I don't mind having a logo on a part that signifies an American manufacturer. I pay good money for my American made jeep parts, I don't mind showing them off a bit.

Anvil JKUR

Yup. I agree . If you want to have your companies logo burnt into everything on my jeep and then pass the word about your product Sorry. if I am going to be your billboard then service and parts price need to be negotiated. Come on manufacturers if your parts and service are that good then all your hard work and labor should speak for itself. Don't get me wrong if there was a sponsored trip. Sure I will put on your BS stickers on my Jeep for the trip but after that they go in the trash. I hope that is what most people do. Honestly I would rather have something to hang on the garage wall then on my Jeep, As much as I like some of the products out there. The the burnt logos ruin the product. At this point less is more I think at this point.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I guess I don't understand this... being as how I run mostly evo parts on my rig, i don't mind In the least that their name is etched into the parts my jeep wears. Their name is synonymous with quality, successful r&d and just damn good American made parts that I'm proud to share with anyone who asks about them... not to mention they back everything they sell 100%

Anvil JKUR

Didn't mention a manufacturer because I have never run anything that EVO has made. I personally think there running gear looks great I want to put there suspension on my JK . I was talking about Just branding in general with Jeep products and after market support. It's just free add space that's all.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail JK

Maybe if I had a ton of random manufacturers it might bother me. I love my build so I don't mind at all. I know what's on the Jeep is quality. In fact, my rear LOD bumper came with the logo missing. It was likely removed for power coating from the vendor I purchased it from and that bothered me bit.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Doesn't bother me, mine has Evo, Crawler Conceptz and Rustys on it? Now if said made in China, that would different [emoji41][emoji631]

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

Modit

Yes! It is so tacky looking.
It's like that movie "Idiocracy" where everything is branded.
I like quality stuff on my Jeep branded product and I'll advertise for vendors when they start giving me deep discounts on parts. Otherwise that logo is getting painted, removed, or welded closed. If somebody asks me about a specific part I'll gladly share who the mfr is. But the vehicle I paid for with my hard earned installment loan is not going to be something that looks like Ricky Bobby's race car.

Coop

Caught the Bug
To each his own I guess. Seems kind off excessive to weld over the manufacturers cutout. Do you grind off the lettering on your tires?

Modit

To each his own I guess. Seems kind off excessive to weld over the manufacturers cutout. Do you grind off the lettering on your tires?
A. Welding is fun
B. The rebel in me gets satisfaction in knowing they can't make me advertise for them.

I only grind off the letters on my tires if I accidentally hit the curb at the valet parking at the mall.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I love the logos. I love my Evo mfg engraved king coilovers, my
Evo mfg sliders, skins, skids, d rings mounts, and front bumper, my cobra engraved CB, OR Fab carrier, atx beadlocks, etc.

If it really bothers you that much than make your own shit but make t unique. Don't just copy someone else's design.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
To me, the logo shows that the product is genuine. Speaking specifically, the recent thread where a shop copied EVOs sliders. The only way you could really that they were copies was the logo.

Ddays

Hooked
I don't get this. I question the manufacturers that DON'T put their names on their parts. I have no issue with this practice. Seriously, how many Jeeps, or any vehicle for that matter, have you gone up to looking at a part to see what brand it is? I do it all the time. Maybe if Playtex made a badass bumper I'd want to cover that up, but otherwise I like the logos. :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don't get this. I question the manufacturers that DON'T put their names on their parts. I have no issue with this practice. Seriously, how many Jeeps, or any vehicle for that matter, have you gone up to looking at a part to see what brand it is? I do it all the time. Maybe if Playtex made a badass bumper I'd want to cover that up, but otherwise I like the logos. :thumb:

Why would you cover playtex up? I thought you loved them!

Coop

Caught the Bug

Does Playtex make shit for Jeeps? I want the seats!

Top Bottom