Coil-over question

PERS JK

Can you do a coil-over suspension in stages? Meaning the front then the rear. I know physically it can be done but how will the coil in front and stock rear work together?

tgoss

Yes, technically you can. Just set the pre-load to spec so the ride height is similar.

You're going to have some different driving characteristics but I think you already know that.

jkwebbie

Can you do a coil-over suspension in stages? Meaning the front then the rear. I know physically it can be done but how will the coil in front and stock rear work together?
Yea you can do it in stages. I've seen a few different Jeeps with coilovers in the front and shocks/springs in the rear. Just need to adjust them so that the front, or rear, isn't sitting higher than the other so you don't have the Cali lean going on lol.
And what kind of coilovers are you wanting to get if I may ask?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes you can. I personally recommend doing the rear first. It will allow you to set the rear up for carrying loads first. Also in my two door I noticed the ass end didn't "hop" as much with the coilovers. Felt more stable.

Evil

When you ask work together? = It doesn't. The front soaks up everything and the rear feels like its going to flop over the front. If you were just driving it on the streets, its OK but it don't work to well. You are in CA so it might fit in with all the street driven race trucks on the road so fuck it. Rail those sick ass links bro. I went full blown flatbill just to see what would happen. It wasnt fun. :beer:

IMG_2362.jpg

PERS JK

Thanx for the replies. Offroad background is with first generation broncos with coils in front and leaf springs in the rear (ie two different types of suspension) and was wondering if coil overs and stock would work together if I decided to go that route and wanted to try and spread the cost out. I guess I could always buy it in pieces and wait to install all together. Not sure how living in Ca has anything to do with it.

Thanx for the replies. Offroad background is with first generation broncos with coils in front and leaf springs in the rear (ie two different types of suspension) and was wondering if coil overs and stock would work together if I decided to go that route and wanted to try and spread the cost out. I guess I could always buy it in pieces and wait to install all together. Not sure how living in Ca has anything to do with it.

Think he just meant the roads in CA might be a little better "groomed" than other parts of the country. If I were to run coilovers in the front and springs in the rear here in Houston, I'd probably bounce off the road...pothole heaven over here lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom