Will this help bumpsteer??

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I currently have a BB, 2" front and 1.75" rear with 35" tires on a 2013 2 door rubicon. I feel like since lifting it, I've had a little bumpsteer, nothing to the degree of fearing driving it. I know my ball joints are good, as well as, trackbars and control arms are torqued to spec. (I've went back over things 5 or 6 times.)

I'm wondering if I would benefit at all from the Synergy Trackbar and Sector Shaft brace? Anyone have any feedback after using this product?

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Jeep-JK-Front-Track-Bar-Sector-Shaft-Brace-Kit-p-30220.html

I'm also wondering if adding a Rear Trackbar bracket would help? The Synergy and JKS Rear TB brackets say it raises the Roll Center about 3" and 4", respectively. But it also says a 2" lift is necessary and I only have 1.75" inches, is that a deal breaker or just some rule of thumb?

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Jeep-JK-2-3-Bolt-on-Rear-Track-Bar-Bracket-p-30461.html

Lastly, all this may be futile, and having a little bumpsteer may just be par for the course with a lifted 2 door, if so let me know if that's the case. When I say bumpsteer, I mean like when going over a road transition, say a bridge, the steering wheel nudges to the left or right, no shimmying. Not bad enough to creep in the other lane, but having 2 hands on the wheel is almost required.

Thanks for any help.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What budget boost did you install? Was it something like a Full Traction kit that includes a front track bar relocation bracket? If so, you NEED to get rid of that bracket as it is making your track bar NOT parallel with your drag link like it NEEDS to be.

Also, is there a chance you've hit your steering stabilizer and now the shaft is bent or the can is crushed? If so, that could be your problem as well.

A sector shaft brace won't do squat other than to leave your wallet with less money in it. Your axle being off center a bit won't cause what you're feeling.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
What budget boost did you install? Was it something like a Full Traction kit that includes a front track bar relocation bracket? If so, you NEED to get rid of that bracket as it is making your track bar NOT parallel with your drag link like it NEEDS to be.

Also, is there a chance you've hit your steering stabilizer and now the shaft is bent or the can is crushed? If so, that could be your problem as well.

A sector shaft brace won't do squat other than to leave your wallet with less money in it. Your axle being off center a bit won't cause what you're feeling.

Ok, thanks. I got a Rubicon Express kit, it didn't include any TB bracketry; it included spacers, bumpstops, shock exts, and brakeline ext.). I did put a new OEM steering stabilizer on in August, because my old one got punched in. It really looks like my TB and Draglink are inline. Let me see if I can find a pic to post up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, thanks. I got a Rubicon Express kit, it didn't include any TB bracketry; it included spacers, bumpstops, shock exts, and brakeline ext.). I did put a new OEM steering stabilizer on in August, because my old one got punched in. It really looks like my TB and Draglink are inline. Let me see if I can find a pic to post up.

Have you been feeling what you're feeling since installing the new steering stabilizer? Have you tried removing it to see how things feel without it?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I found the SS issue while installing the BB. But I didn't put a new one on right then. Shortly after, I had 2 cases of DW. I then found out that my front TB was a bit loose so I torqued that back to spec. DW has been gone since then (knock on wood). And then I put a replacement OEM stabilizer. It drives okay, but I feel like something is still a bit off at highway speeds. After lifting it, I also installed Synergy's Fixed LCA, which are a 1/4" longer than stock.

BTW, thank you for taking the time helping me out numerous times this morning! Also, thanks to anyone else who has any feedback![emoji111]

Here are some pics IMG_20161217_104434163.jpg IMG_20161217_104526981.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, if you really had death wobble before, I would remove your steering stabilizer and see if it really is gone now. If it isn't, what you're feeling now is being caused by it and you'll want to address whatever it is prior to reinstalling your stabilizer.

Top Bottom