RTT heaters ??? Anyone know of a good one that is safe ?

mo0s3

I remember seeing one that went into the bed of the trailer and had a tube that looked like a dryer hose that went into the tent but can't seem to find it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

What kind of bedding/sleeping bags are you using? Just curious cause I've seen some heaters and I think they are cool if you have the space. But they still can't replace a high quality down blanket or sleeping bag.

mo0s3

What kind of bedding/sleeping bags are you using? Just curious cause I've seen some heaters and I think they are cool if you have the space. But they still can't replace a high quality down blanket or sleeping bag.

I have 2 little ones that sleep in the tent with dad :) so I want to make sure it is warm. Right now I have some bags that I zipped together but it isn't warm enough. I was thinking of doing the bass pro shop double bag zero degree and scrap the heater idea but if I can work up a safe heater for my RTT on my m416 then it would give me a piece of mind they are warm. Always on the first night I constantly wake up and make sure they are warm .

mo0s3

I watched a you tube video a while ago and they camped in a snow storm . When they woke up they have 2 feet of snow everywhere except on the RTT. It was pretty neat.

mo0s3

What bags do you recommend ? I really want them to be super comfortable [emoji4]

TRLJNKY

My brother in law has one of those propane style heaters for tents and swears by it. I need to see it in action before I run out and buy one though. Id love to find a way to at least knock the chill off in my rtt first thing. That initial unzip of the bag is brutal lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

I have 2 little ones that sleep in the tent with dad :) so I want to make sure it is warm. Right now I have some bags that I zipped together but it isn't warm enough. I was thinking of doing the bass pro shop double bag zero degree and scrap the heater idea but if I can work up a safe heater for my RTT on my m416 then it would give me a piece of mind they are warm. Always on the first night I constantly wake up and make sure they are warm .

Let us know how it works out. It's a little spendy but if it works great I might go the same route with my rtt and m-416. We've got good gear for colder weather, but I think if I did something like this I think we would get out more in the winter. If I could keep the rtt and a side annex warm with one of these that would be amazing [emoji15]

mo0s3

Let us know how it works out. It's a little spendy but if it works great I might go the same route with my rtt and m-416. We've got good gear for colder weather, but I think if I did something like this I think we would get out more in the winter. If I could keep the rtt and a side annex warm with one of these that would be amazing [emoji15]

Totally agreed lol

mo0s3

My brother in law has one of those propane style heaters for tents and swears by it. I need to see it in action before I run out and buy one though. Id love to find a way to at least knock the chill off in my rtt first thing. That initial unzip of the bag is brutal lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah I am going to focus on great bedding then make the decision on the heater.

What bags do you recommend ? I really want them to be super comfortable [emoji4]

This is hard with little ones. It's all the empty space within the bag that makes them inefficient. I would look into Sierra Designs. They have a few "bed style" duo sleeping bags. I have a SD backcountry bed and a oversized Santa Cruz Down Works that we use. My wife and kid in the Down Works and me in the Sierra Designs or vice versa. We used to use those zero degree Bass Pro bags zipped together. They just take up way to much space. I'm sure your ahead of the game with a mattress being in a RTT. That's where you lose most of your warmth on the ground so you should be good there.

IMG_4895.JPG .

IMG_4896.JPG .

mo0s3

This is hard with little ones. It's all the empty space within the bag that makes them inefficient. I would look into Sierra Designs. They have a few "bed style" duo sleeping bags. I have a SD backcountry bed and a oversized Santa Cruz Down Works that we use. My wife and kid in the Down Works and me in the Sierra Designs or vice versa. We used to use those zero degree Bass Pro bags zipped together. They just take up way to much space. I'm sure your ahead of the game with a mattress being in a RTT. That's where you lose most of your warmth on the ground so you should be good there.

View attachment 234845 .

View attachment 234846 .

Awesome information!!!! Thanks bud

mo0s3

View attachment 234845 .

View attachment 234846 .

Yes !!!! This is what I need ::)

WJCO

Meme King
HighwayTrout is right. A good pad is key to your sleeping system. Also as far as a heater, read the fine print. Everyone that I've looked at says it puts out a small amount of Carbon monoxide.

GraniteCrystal

For anyone with small kiddos, the trick I use is to have a regular size sleeping bag but only pull out the top half. Leave the rest in the stuff sack and cinch it down. Gets rid of all that empty space that'd be at their feet freezing them all night long. Negative space is not your friend.

Obviously not needed if you buy a kids size bag, but now I can use a higher quality bag and he can grow into it.

Here is a shot from our last time
IMG_20161021_180025.jpg

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

WJCO

Meme King
For anyone with small kiddos, the trick I use is to have a regular size sleeping bag but only pull out the top half. Leave the rest in the stuff sack and cinch it down. Gets rid of all that empty space that'd be at their feet freezing them all night long. Negative space is not your friend.

Obviously not needed if you buy a kids size bag, but now I can use a higher quality bag and he can grow into it.

Here is a shot from our last time

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Wise move. I do the same by folding it under. :thumb:

Kalums

So here is what we use, I've got 4 boys and we just zipper them together (the bags) super soft flannel inners, and like a brushed sail cloth outer (only not quite as heavy as sail cloth) 2 boys per and a wool army blanket under they love them. When they get bigger/older bam already got a bag of their own. I'm 270lbs and I love these bags long enough to pull over my head but most of the time I just wear a beanie if it's cold. Screenshot_2016-12-17-23-58-19.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom