Gearing question for Las Vegas Wayalifers

Hangemhigh1

I am planning on changing the 4:10 gears on my 2013 JKUR and upgrading to 4:88 gears does anyone have any idea what I can expect to pay for the parts and labor? Just a ballpark. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rottenbelly

And I do have a procal. Does it make a difference if it is a manual or an auto? I have a manual tranny.

Don't need the pro cal for gears on a manual. Only for tire size to fix speedo.

I run 5:13'w with a manual and 35s on my 15. I go up and down the mtn alot and I just limit it to 70 mph on the interstate.
Jeep does great though. I can set the cruise coming up the gorge from Mesquite and not have to downshift all the way up to Cedar city.

Hangemhigh1

Don't need the pro cal for gears on a manual. Only for tire size to fix speedo.

I run 5:13'w with a manual and 35s on my 15. I go up and down the mtn alot and I just limit it to 70 mph on the interstate.
Jeep does great though. I can set the cruise coming up the gorge from Mesquite and not have to downshift all the way up to Cedar city.

That's great going up to Cedar is quite a climb.thanks for the heads up on the procal/ manual tranny.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Not sure if you reheated already. But I went with 4wp, they did g2 gears and new d30 carrier and it was around 1400-1600. Adams driveshaft and scorpion off-road were all about the same price.

Modit

I can set the cruise coming up the gorge from Mesquite and not have to downshift all the way up to Cedar city.
Are you sure you don't mean St George? Those climbs up to Cedar City are pretty steep with the truck lanes and all.

Rottenbelly

Are you sure you don't mean St George? Those climbs up to Cedar City are pretty steep with the truck lanes and all.

Yep, with 5:13's and 35s it can set the cruise and come right on up the hill. Do it quite often from St george and back. I run it coming up from St george at about 73-74 mph which puts me about 3100rpm. Walks right up it.

Top Bottom