Genright tire carrier

BrandonDetrick

What do you all think of the genright tire carrier ? I'm interested in it just shy to pull the trigger. Any info is appreciates

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know a few people with it and it's a nice setup especially if you're not wanting to install rear corner guards.

My brother had the aluminum Genright Tire Carrier on his 2-Door JK and it was a very nice setup. As Eddie mentioned, it's very nice if you don't intend on running corner guards. We did the install ourselves and it was fairly easy and straight forward. :yup:

SoCalDozer

Im actually planning on getting this one too, I dont think I will be needing corner guards so it looks like a good option for me

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
seems like after watching the install vidoes it doesnt look bad at all, seems easier than the orfab one

silverbackjk

Do you know
If the Install Is difficult or involved ?

The install is not to bad there is a good YouTube video. I got this carrier and really like it. The only one I would get over the genright one is the EVO one. But with the corners and install it was out of my budget.

Serg5000

I have one and love it. Piece of cake to install.

Attachments

• image-4082672778.jpg
    image-4082672778.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 319
  • image-1725410426.jpg
    image-1725410426.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 318
  • image-3450235741.jpg
    image-3450235741.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 315
I want to run EVO corners with LED's

Just wondering why you would not run the EVO tire carrier then? But I have the EVO corners and I think it can be done.

Btw. You know once you go to the EVO corners you can not go back to stock? You have some sheet metal to remove with them.

PGH08JK

Just wondering why you would not run the EVO tire carrier then? But I have the EVO corners and I think it can be done.

Btw. You know once you go to the EVO corners you can not go back to stock? You have some sheet metal to remove with them.

I'm either going to run the corners with lights and no spare until I save up some ching to buy the carrier, or do corners and genright. I would like to EVO the whole thing to be honest, my carrier now is nice but 2 years old and rusting, flaking like crazy.

I don't mind that I can't go back to stock look, I love the look of the corners so I'm 110% keeping them on for good! No worries there!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm either going to run the corners with lights and no spare until I save up some ching to buy the carrier, or do corners and genright. I would like to EVO the whole thing to be honest, my carrier now is nice but 2 years old and rusting, flaking like crazy.

I don't mind that I can't go back to stock look, I love the look of the corners so I'm 110% keeping them on for good! No worries there!!

What carrier are you running now?

Anglico1

I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but I am considering this tire carrier and just have one main question to ask all those who have run or installed this carrier. I am weary of drilling all the holes needed for the install, my main concern is rust. The instructional videos and installs I have read on this and other forums do not discuss the issue of rust prevention on the sheet metal that is drilled.

Have any of you guys after drilling the holes for the mounting plate paint or prime in order to stop any rust issues behind the plate on the metal?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom