Early 2013 with P0302

davantalus

Hey gents,

2013 JKUR, 105,000 miles, throwing P0302 (Cylinder 2 misfire), Feburary 2013 production date. Rough idle.

Replaced the passenger bank plugs, but that didn't help at all, but they did badly need doing at 105k. Was going to do the other side, but I'm under the impression that #2 is closest to passenger seat?

1) I can't seem to locate a cylinder numbering chart, could someone tell me what location #2 is?
2) I've noticed that that the wiring harness has been getting VERY hot. The loom is flaking off(!), and copper is showing in one place. Any ideas why? Think it's related?
3) Do you think that the P0302 is same issue that the 2012's had?

Thoughts in general?

Pictures of flaking wiring harness loom.
IMG_6839.jpg IMG_6840.jpg IMG_6841.jpg

Last edited:

davantalus

Great idea. I'll certainly try that! I wish I could figure out how mopar numbered them. :thinking:

When engine literature says, "Left side", do they mean driver or passenger? (I'd assume driver?)

Once you know which cylinder is #2, swap the coil with another cylinder and see if the misfire moves to that cylinder indicating a bad coil.

Looking at the service notice (http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0900214a.pdf) I see that basically if cylinder 2, 4, or 6 fails a leak down test, then they replace it. So because the notice specifies a plenum gasket replacement, it would seem that the left side of the motor is in fact the left side of the car.)

So that means further troubleshooting steps I can perform at home is:
1) leakdown test
2) replace plug / coil

I wish that side wasn't a bitch to get to.

So hey, why is my jeep about to burn to ground?

Last edited:

T.McD

left as is sitting in the jeep looking forward. so number 2 is the middle cylinder on the drivers side. as for the code, if you have that code take it to the dealer and they will perform the leakdown test for your and if bad will replace the head as they have warrantied the left head of the 2012/13 to 150k if i remember correctly.
Mine is a 2013, january build and is at the dealer right now having them do the test.

Top Bottom