2012 jk no heat

Bloody Stitches

Searched the forum. Leaned about the blend door actuators. Replaced the passenger one (which didn't need replacing) checked the driver side one. Finally bit the diagnostics bullet and sent it to the dealer. Cost me $120 for them to say, "it may be the heater core. Gonna cost you $1400 to fixe".

I pulled my Jeep out the dealer. Yesterday I ram some clear tubing to he black hoses running to and from the firewall. Using some 5/8 sized brass barbs, clear tubing, and a garden hose I was able to run water through the heater core. Hoping to collect some nasty residue or some sort of evidence of clogging. NOTHING!

The metal tubs behind dash board running to and from the core are pretty hot. After the flush I put everything back together. Still blowing cold. Anything I'm missing here?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

woof359

got a new heater

I had this problem last year on my 2012 with 20K on the odometer, they replaced the intires heater assemble and the blend door motor, I'm thinking it was just the motor, assuming your cooling system is full and you never added any thing but the special anti freeze made for the 2012, if you did then you got jelly for coolant, Mines been fine ever since

woof359

liberty

I should add my Niece had the same problem with her Jeep Liberty, My brother wasn't happy and called Jeep, got them to pay for 90 % of it, They knew its a built in problem, they should take care of it

Top Bottom