Exhaust questions

Jchet729

Ok after watching the Heartland pt1 video.. there were some JKs in there that sounded sooo...... good..! Please share what you guys have for systems... Also I'd like to know what's needed to retain and what's the deal with that crazy ass loop in the factory system..??

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Ok after watching the Heartland pt1 video.. there were some JKs in there that sounded sooo...... good..! Please share what you guys have for systems... Also I'd like to know what's needed to retain and what's the deal with that crazy ass loop in the factory system..??

DynoMax write up

The above is a write up about the exhausts you heard on the video. Quite a few guys run them and love them. That article should give you all the info you need!

I will have one eventually but I've got other things like lift and tires to save for at the moment! :yup:

Jchet729

Looks like the writeup I've read already but thanks still, any info on the front half of the system? does it make any difference to cut out the loop? Headers? I want to get to a very aggressive sound....

SoCalDozer

Thanks Doknocker.!

Overlander.. I'm in a 2Dr

I just bought a dynomax competition for my 12' 2 door. I bought the 07-11 model and will be seeing what needs to be done to mount it to a 12'.
I will post pictures of the install up once I get it figured out and do a guide if its actually in depth.

SoCalDozer

Looks like the writeup I've read already but thanks still, any info on the front half of the system? does it make any difference to cut out the loop? Headers? I want to get to a very aggressive sound....

Do not cut out the loop. The purpose of the loop is to create equal length tubes coming into the collector and if you get rid of it it can hurt your performance.

As far as headers I can also say what I have heard from other people and that is that it isnt possible since the exhaust is actually built into the head from what I heard but I havent personally checked it out so I wouldnt believe that 100%.

JAGS

Hooked
I think WOL has a loop removed in either Moby or Cat...cant recall which. :thinking: I recall something about having it done at ORE to fit his suspension mods though. It was a workaround and not sure if a DIY. Maybe eddie or someone else who knows for sure will chime in.

Top Bottom