35 vs 30 spline rear axles??

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Putting my list together for my soon to be axle upgrades. Want opinions for my Non Rubicon 44. Dynatrac has a nice kit with 35 spline shafts, ARB, Diff Cover and a discounted compressor that is causing me to consider going 35 spline in the rear. The only rear reason I can see to stay 30 spline would be so I would already have spare shafts (my take offs) So i guess my questions would be how much stronger are these 35 spline shafts? How likely would a Ring and pinion failure be if the shafts were too strong? any known concerns with the 35 spline ARB? Any experiences/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Spending a lot of money at once is difficult, so I don't want to do it twice.

I have the 35 spline ARB in my rear 44 with G2 shafts. The 35 spline is approximately 30% more torque than factory, so it's significant. I wouldn't worry about your ring and pinion too much unless you're running too big of tires and too small a gear ratio. I'm running 37s and 4.88 on my set up and it's worked out great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Hmmm. I'm currently on 35s planning 5.13 knowing I will be stepping up to 37s soon. I know that is pretty over geared for the 35s but it's a jeep not a race car [emoji12]
the stronger shafts is probably the way to go. Plus the Dynatrac cover ads a nice touch to match the PR44 [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I currently run 30 spline Revolution shafts w/ my ARB on 35's and 5.13's as your looking to run. IMO this set up is strong enough for what I wheel and what I have wheeled. I like it because, as you mentioned, I have my stock shafts and trail spares if I really need it.

35 spline would be nice as they are stronger but not really needed imo

Putting my list together for my soon to be axle upgrades. Want opinions for my Non Rubicon 44. Dynatrac has a nice kit with 35 spline shafts, ARB, Diff Cover and a discounted compressor that is causing me to consider going 35 spline in the rear. The only rear reason I can see to stay 30 spline would be so I would already have spare shafts (my take offs) So i guess my questions would be how much stronger are these 35 spline shafts? How likely would a Ring and pinion failure be if the shafts were too strong? any known concerns with the 35 spline ARB? Any experiences/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Spending a lot of money at once is difficult, so I don't want to do it twice.

Sticking with 30-spline, yes, you would have a set of spares on hand. But doesn't that just translate to you're expecting them to break anyway?

We think that what you're asking is if upgrading with 35-spline JK44 axleshafts and an ARB (part of our Trail Leader package) moves the weak link in the rear Dana 44 axle to the ring gear, which sucks as a trail fix. While we admire people who can repair nearly anything on the side of the trail, our goal is to provide people with the right axle upgrades to avoid trail fixes altogether.

We engineered our JK44 shafts to be part of an entire rear axle assembly that is matched. If this package is right for you and your Jeep, you won't need spare parts or need to worry about trail fixes.

If you're not sure or you're really worried about the strength of the factory rear Dana 44, then our Serious Performance axle set (ProRock 44 front and ProRock 60 rear) might be the better option. The best choice is the one you don't have to redo later.

If you want our opinion on which would be better, give our tech team a call at 714-421-4314.

Top Bottom