Lifetime???

DIRTYHR

I'm almost to 48k... like 300 miles to go... I need to know if it's worth it..I'm under the other warranty till 48.. HELP...PROS V CONS if there's any

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
:cheesy: Kind of what I was thinking :crazyeyes:

Hey I got a rear axle seal then a rear axle shaft under my lifetime warranty..haha. So if you think about it I paid 2k for those:crazyeyes:. I was tempted to try to have them replace my shaft with a bent flange but again couldn't do that with a good conscience so I opted for Revolution chromo's..;)

zimm

Caught the Bug
In 1 year/15,000 miles my front diff cover started to leak. I could have fixed it 15 minutes with $4 worth of RTV, but I let the dealer do it under warranty. That's it so far (knock on wood).

JagJeeper

Mines under warranty till 86K. They fixed front and rear diff leaks as well as replaced rear lockers when they broke. PR44'S would be nice. What I'm saving for.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

bthomas

Here's my experience, if it's the one they try to you sell in finance, you can talk them way down. I think I got them down to around $1300-$1500, can't remember for sure. Anyway, I would say it's not really like an extension of the factory warranty. Mine works a bit like an insurance policy, I have to pay a $100 deductible for any claims, and it does cover a loaner vehicle, and towing if needed. I've had to use it for my clock spring, HVAC controls, a water pump, fan motor and AC compressor most recently. This was over 3 claims so it's cost me around $1600-$1800 total to have it so far, plus a lil interest in the loan.
So, I think I'm probably at a break even point with it. With my mileage in the mid 80k range, I think I like having it. I'm guessing that replacing my AC compressor and water pump at full pop would've about paid for the policy I purchased.
I guess it's probably a gamble either way, you hope you don't need it, but it's nice to have for the big issues. I've never had them give me an issue over anything about my jeep, or try to deny a claim, just a hunch, but I think they profit from these plans.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
As far as extended warranties go, I always tell people the same 2 things if you're considering purchasing one. 1) No matter what the finance guy says, NONE of them are bumper to bumper. Do not believe what you are told if the guy says that everything is covered. 2) Read your contract so that you know exactly what is covered and what is not. Then when you have a claim, there shouldn't be too many surprises.

Completely agree with what WJCO said. READ the WHOLE thing. I purchased my first JK still young and dumb and took their word that the extended warranty covered everything. What they don't tell you is that the stuff is hard to diagnose and expensive (like electrical) isn't covered under the basic extended warranty. It can be added in the "Platinum Package." The first repair I tried to get covered was the clock spring and of course it wasn't included.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
These things have warranties?!

:cheesy: Exactly what I thought too!

All my Jeeps have had well over 60k when I purchased and over 100k when I sold. Current rig is at 104k :yup:

In general warranties sound nice, but always seem to be more trouble then they are worth. I hate having to argue and barter for what I've already paid for. Just my :twocents:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: Exactly what I thought too!

All my Jeeps have had well over 60k when I purchased and over 100k when I sold. Current rig is at 104k :yup:

In general warranties sound nice, but always seem to be more trouble then they are worth. I hate having to argue and barter for what I've already paid for. Just my :twocents:
True dat, I've only gotten one warranty in my life and that's because they came down from $2500 to $500 and if I don't use it before 100k miles I supposedly can get a refund.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
While we're talking extended warranties- another lesson recently learned by me-

2012 Ford GT500. Bought extended warranty. Sold car after a year due to having kid #2. Ford fully refunded the $2000 for the warranty, no questions asked.

2015 Subaru outback with gold extended warranty. Sold car just shy of the 3/36k factory warranty. Went to get my full refund an oh-no, they start deducting the 7 year/100k warranty the day you drive off the lot. So I only had 4 years and 70k left of the extended warranty. Only got $1450 back from the $2000. B.S. if you ask me.

No idea how FIAT/Jeep does it.

DIRTYHR

Here's my experience, if it's the one they try to you sell in finance, you can talk them way down. I think I got them down to around $1300-$1500, can't remember for sure. Anyway, I would say it's not really like an extension of the factory warranty. Mine works a bit like an insurance policy, I have to pay a $100 deductible for any claims, and it does cover a loaner vehicle, and towing if needed. I've had to use it for my clock spring, HVAC controls, a water pump, fan motor and AC compressor most recently. This was over 3 claims so it's cost me around $1600-$1800 total to have it so far, plus a lil interest in the loan.
So, I think I'm probably at a break even point with it. With my mileage in the mid 80k range, I think I like having it. I'm guessing that replacing my AC compressor and water pump at full pop would've about paid for the policy I purchased.
I guess it's probably a gamble either way, you hope you don't need it, but it's nice to have for the big issues. I've never had them give me an issue over anything about my jeep, or try to deny a claim, just a hunch, but I think they profit from these plans.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thank you..what bothers me is owing 39k n no coverage, I've only made 2 pmts. My ins company doesn't offer rental at all due to its on a business policy. Ty again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom