What to buy?

PERS JK

So do to some tit for tat on a jewelry purchase for my wife I have the ability to spend around 2k on things. Suspension, tires/wheels, bumpers and winch are another budget in about a year or so after the stock tires wear out. That being said what should I be getting for the jeep? 2016 jkur. Thinking cage and whatever skid plates I still need? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Evil

Bumpers, winch, skids, sliders.

You never really mentioned what you wanted to build your Jeep for, what your intended use will primarily be etc. I know from your other thread you want EVO coilovers.

WJCO

Meme King
Cold air intake, light bar, snorkel, steering attenuator, used motor oil, and grade 8 bolts.

PERS JK

I appreciate the replies even the tongue in cheek ones. I will be doing lift, tires, bumpers, winch etc later. Future goals are 35-37 tires with a good working suspension. Looking to do local trails including Rubicon but this will be my daily driver. The only thing I've done so far is locking storage under my seat.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
If you're already planning on buying the big and major items next year then it's kind of hard to think of what you should buy now. If I had 2k to blow right now I would get half doors but that's because I have everything else. Skid plates, switch system, aux lights, rock skins or sliders maybe? Look through some build threads and see if something catches your eye. Sorry I may not be much help.

Mrfixitpls

One of the first mods I purchased was a front bumper and winch. I bought a new to me 09 JKU Sahara. It was almost completely stock and I wanted the ability to help myself out if I found myself in a jam and needed that get out of it. Lift and tires are next.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate the replies even the tongue in cheek ones. I will be doing lift, tires, bumpers, winch etc later. Future goals are 35-37 tires with a good working suspension. Looking to do local trails including Rubicon but this will be my daily driver. The only thing I've done so far is locking storage under my seat.

Why not just work on what you'd need to get you up to 35's-37's now? :idontknow:

USMC Wrangler

Bumpers, winch, skids, sliders.

You never really mentioned what you wanted to build your Jeep for, what your intended use will primarily be etc. I know from your other thread you want EVO coilovers.

This ^^^^

Cold air intake, light bar, snorkel, steering attenuator, used motor oil, and grade 8 bolts.

Don't listen to this guy. He drives a WJ and a pink JKU! [emoji23]

I would go with a winch, skids, and some recovery gear first

This some more^^^^

So do to some tit for tat on a jewelry purchase for my wife I have the ability to spend around 2k on things. Suspension, tires/wheels, bumpers and winch are another budget in about a year or so after the stock tires wear out. That being said what should I be getting for the jeep? 2016 jkur. Thinking cage and whatever skid plates I still need? Any thoughts?

My build is slow but has worked well for my needs. Link below...

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Evil

I would start researching what you want and stacking parts. Once you get everything you need, hammer it out. I read a thread with Warn winches at a hell of a discount, even though you cant use it with your stock bumper, you will have purchased it at a great price and have it when the bumpers come. Don't be in such a rush to blow 2k just because you have it. Figure exactly what you want, ask us, we will give you shit along with an honest opinion and spend the next year catching what you want on sale and enjoying your Jeep while doing the small things to set you up for the bigger things.

Little Things:
Dynatrac Pro Steer Ball Joints
EVO C Gussets
Seat Covers
Extinguisher Mounts
Recovery Gear (tree hugger, winch thimble, snatch block, tow straps, etc.)
CB
Antenna and mount and wires
Switching system

Everyone here can make a laundry list of things :rock:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What do you have on your Jeep now?

I would really like to know as well. Kinda hard to give options without knowing what's already installed.

That being said, without knowing, I would say skids like the Evo protek system, a winch, and some other recovery gear to start.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I would really like to know as well. Kinda hard to give options without knowing what's already installed.

That being said, without knowing, I would say skids like the Evo protek system, a winch, and some other recovery gear to start.

^^^This. Have you had your jeep out on the trails? When you run with others on the trails you start to understand what you may need.

Basscat

If 35s or 37s is the end goal I'd not waste the money on jeep bling but go directly to beefing up the rig or getting the "no brainer" stuff.

1) you'll want a winch.
2) you'll need to do something with the axle assemblies, especially the front. If you know for sure it's 37s look on here for someone moving up to 40s and selling a loaded Pro Rock 44.
3) upgrade the rear axle shafts.
4) look for same type of person taking off full width front and rear bumpers to accommodate 40s
5) CB
6) recovery and repair kit
7) some armor for your corners and rockers
8) too early for regear but that's right in your 2k budget
9) etc...etc...etc...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

PERS JK

Thank you all for the input. I noticed no one mentioned a cage. I assumed that would be near the top of everyone's list?

GraniteCrystal

Thank you all for the input. I noticed no one mentioned a cage. I assumed that would be near the top of everyone's list?
Nope. There are lots of other things you'll want before a cage. I have a lift, a winch, recovery gear, etc and still need new driveshaft, new gears, new tires, etc before I do a cage even though I'd love to have one.

Go wheeling and priorities become clear really fast.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

zimm

Caught the Bug
The stock cage is pretty good. If you had a CJ, then yeah.

In order of importance while off-road (In my opinion)

Safety/recovery gear: CB, tow staps, D-rings, Gloves, folding shovel, fire extinguisher, first aid kit
Front bumper/winch- US made bumper and a warn or other quality winch, no chinese stuff that'll blow up)
(there's your $2000).

When tires wear out- get 35's, 3 inch lift, and a rear tire carrier/bumper

Top Bottom