How to get rear bumper level?

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
Ok I know this sounds stupid, but what is the best way to be sure my aftermarket bumper and tire carrier are level? And if not, how to make it level? I have a rattle in the rear of the jeep and trying to track it down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If you have a rattle it's prob a loose bolt. Do a check of all your bolts and make sure they are torqued to spec

Coop

Caught the Bug
I just used a floor jack with blocks of wood. Got the bolts in but not tightened. I took a carpenters bubble level for across the rear and eyeballed the side angle I wanted and then tightened everything up. Checked all bolts for torque several times. My LoD had 12 bolts, the two in the center were tough. I did it by myself but it would be a hell of a lot easier with two people!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, floor jack and some 2x4 will help out a lot. As far as the rattle goes, what rear bumper do you have and is it attached to the tailgate?

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
It's a dv8 rs2 and it is attached to the rear gate. It has 1 rubber bumper and 2 Heim joints to adjust it. I just cannot seem to get it set tight against the rear gate. I'm about ready to get a lod rear gate with the latching.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom