Big Kentucky Jeep Wave!

Bluegrassjku

Hello everyone, and thank you for letting me join the forum. I'm born, and raised in Kentucky, and my first experience with Jeeps was when I was born. My parents had a Willy's that I rode in everywhere until they sold it when I was five, and my wife, and I are just now getting into it ourselves. We're ordering a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Gobi. The only thing we are waiting on is to see a JK on the lot in the color first to see if the bosslady likes it because it will be her daily driver.

We're planning on a 4 inch lift with 35's (or possibly the smaller 37's out there) steel bumpers, tire carrier etc. It feels like a second job just figuring out which lift we want to go with. We won't be rock crawling yet as everything around where we live is mostly farm, logging roads, and overland stuff. My biggest concern is getting it lifted properly where the ride feels similar to stock, and won't turn into a squeaky noisy ride, but it can handle our offroad needs as we get more experienced. The only experience I have in a lifted jeep was an 08 jkur with a 4 inch Rough Country lift that scared the crap outta me with the death wobble. That aside I think this will be a great hobby for our family, and 2 kids.

So thank you again, and I look forward to getting to know you all in the future. God Bless!!!

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Welcome aboard! I'm liking the gobi more and more these days. As for your plans I would suggest doing a ton of research here and buy quality. You don't need to go 4 inches for 35s and for what you're planning to do with it I wouldn't go 37s yet. Show us pics when you get it

Bluegrassjku

Welcome aboard! I'm liking the gobi more and more these days. As for your plans I would suggest doing a ton of research here and buy quality. You don't need to go 4 inches for 35s and for what you're planning to do with it I wouldn't go 37s yet. Show us pics when you get it

Thanks! I'm leaning actually towards a 3.5 inch lift kit the more I look. There are so many options that I'm sure I'll take most of the 8 weeks the build will take to get it ordered. I'm looking into Metal Cloak, Evo, Teraflex, and even a lower price like Rancho. I'm hesitant over going long arm right away because I doubt we will actually do any rock crawling. I'll definitely post pics, and I'll post as the build goes along too.

Top Bottom