Lets talk about gear oil choices

g00se04

Currently going through the gear break-in on my Dynatrac axles with arb's and looking for ideas on what gear oil brand to put back in on the first change.

I believe Dynatrac recommends Torco 85W-140 Racing Gear Oil . Normally in the past I have ran Lucas non-synthetic gear oil or like Red Line.
I think ARB recommends synthetic or semi-synthetic oils.

What brands is everybody running?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would NOT recommend running a synthetic oil as they tend to damage the o-ring inside the locker and they're kind of a pain to replace.

WJCO

Meme King
Along with Feedback here and from ARB, I went with the 85W140 conventional. I didn't ask Dynatrac though. The 85W140 is probably a little heavy for mine being I'm only running 4.56s but I got it on sale, so what the hell.

Currently going through the gear break-in on my Dynatrac axles with arb's and looking for ideas on what gear oil brand to put back in on the first change.

I believe Dynatrac recommends Torco 85W-140 Racing Gear Oil . Normally in the past I have ran Lucas non-synthetic gear oil or like Red Line.
I think ARB recommends synthetic or semi-synthetic oils.

What brands is everybody running?

Use quality SAE 85/90 GL5 minimum gear oil (best for very cold climate) or SAE 85-140 (best for warm climate). And use only crude-based gear oil, NO SYNTHETIC!

Rhampson3

I would NOT recommend running a synthetic oil as they tend to damage the o-ring inside the locker and they're kind of a pain to replace.

That is interesting. Is that for all lockers or just certain ones? Do you know why the synthetic causes o-ring damage?

Top Bottom