2.5" Lift?

MegansWidow

I'm only looking to get a 2.5" lift but I'm not 100% sure on which one to get. I won't be hardcore off-roading but I do plan on taking her off-road. I've looked at mopar, AEV, and Rock Krawler but I'm still stuck. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you want to run 35's you need a 2.5 inch lift, if you want 33's just leave it stock or get something like the EVO leveling kit. I ran 33's stock and then with 2 inches of lift and either looks good but you get full articulation and no rubbing with a small lift.

Who told you that? Depending on what kind of 4wheeling you want to do, 35's may be a better option. Of course, 35's require more work to run properly (Lift, C Gussets, gears, etc.).

Because I was also told that 33s are probably the best size for me to get and that I don't need to go any bigger. I originally wanted to go to 35s

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would suggest looking into an Evo leveling kit for fitting 33s, or even just a budget boost depending on how many miles you have on your jeep. No need to go with anything crazy to start out and if you want more, then thats a good time to get a proper lift under your jeep.

Eezybreezy08

So if I wanted to stay at 33s, a 2" lift or stock would be my best option?

Honestly the evo leveling kit is just right. Gives you just a little more room than stock, plus it also leaves room for you if you ever want to go 35. I ran at one point 2.5bb with 33. Then went to 35. Took the Bb lift off and went with the evo leveling. It works great with the front coils and it looks good to.

Honestly the evo leveling kit is just right. Gives you just a little more room than stock, plus it also leaves room for you if you ever want to go 35. I ran at one point 2.5bb with 33. Then went to 35. Took the Bb lift off and went with the evo leveling. It works great with the front coils and it looks good to.

did you Need to trim the fenders for 35 inch?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Oh brother, if you have a 2 door, do NOT get the Evo leveling kit. It will give you 3.5" of lift and you don't need that for 33s. I'd trim the fenders and get the tires and be done. If you go off road and rub, get a budget boost (spacers) with the appropriate bumpstops, shock extensions, and brake line extensions.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Could you post a picture of the Evo Leveling with 35's? Did you have to trim fenders? Thinking about going this route on our 2 door.

Pthorpe84

2.5" Lift?

I agree on no lift and 33's. If you just want a lift get a spacer or RK 1.5" lift. Here is mine. 37's and no lift. While it's not optimal for wheeling, it is do able with a little trimming(which is not done yet in this picture.)

IMG_0397.jpg

Top Bottom