Welder in the Reno/Sparks area

PERS JK

Looking for a welder that is familiar with newer jeeps and especially c-gusset installation.
Thank you in advance

MTG

Caught the Bug
I used DR smash in Carson for my sliders and c-gussets. I've used Adam's high rollin customs for some other work and like them. Sharkey's friend had a bad experience there though I think. I've also used a mobile welder that did good work. If you google "mobile welder Reno" he is one of the only ones that pops up. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PERS JK

Thank you MTG. I tried to PM you per Eddie as he said you would know but your PM box is full. Do you mind sending me a PM regarding the cost?

benatc1

Hooked
I used adams high rolling customs for gearing and they did a great job, good people to work with. have never had anything welded by them but they do a fair amount of fab work from what I can tell

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It was like they didn't know how the EVO gussets fit or where they were supposed to weld. They literally beat the shit out of the EVO gusset so they could weld it all the way around instead of just where it naturally touches the C on its own...and they charged him several extra hours of labor "for having to make the gusset fit".

benatc1

Hooked
It was like they didn't know how the EVO gussets fit or where they were supposed to weld. They literally beat the shit out of the EVO gusset so they could weld it all the way around instead of just where it naturally touches the C on its own...and they charged him several extra hours of labor "for having to make the gusset fit".

that's pretty questionable on their part, not to mention if you quote a time that's what you get paid for, especially if it's a you problem not a customer problem. I work for my dad's auto repair shops for a few years and if things were taking longer than the estimate it was our loss.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thank you MTG. I tried to PM you per Eddie as he said you would know but your PM box is full. Do you mind sending me a PM regarding the cost?

Cost is probably around $120 at Dr. Smash. I'd have to go back and check for sure, but that rings a bell. If you get quoted more let me know and I'll try to go back and look. He didn't remove the ball joints and they lasted plenty of miles on 37s. :yup:

I'd count on at least an hour of work, so that seemed reasonable to me. Just sit back and relax and think about how much money you could save/make if you learned to weld yourself. At least that is what I did. ;)

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Was thinking of asking as well. I know theirs relentless fab in the Reno or Carson area. They made bumpers for a buddy's fj40. I may have them do my evo builder corners.

KICKROX

So I ended up using reno4x4garage after checking his web site and texting him back and fourth.. and well I can say that I am not disappointed. He did a great job and took the extra time and steps to do the work. He even went as far as to paint the EVO c-gussets for me. I'll definitely use him again. His name is Dennis and is a very cool guy.
IMG_1816.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I ended up using reno4x4garage after checking his web site and texting him back and fourth.. and well I can say that I am not disappointed. He did a great job and took the extra time and steps to do the work. He even went as far as to paint the EVO c-gussets for me. I'll definitely use him again. His name is Dennis and is a very cool guy.

Nice! It's always great to hear of new places in the area that I can recommend. Thanks for sharing this info [emoji1303]

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Very good to know.

jesse3638

Hooked
View attachment 255437

Looks good. I have a question off topic. If you are replacing your ball joints and remove them like in the pic, can you burn the gussets on all at once or is it still recommended to do about an inch at a time, cool, do the other side repeat until finished? Just curious as I still need to install these and was think I may do prosteers at the same time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom