Uniden Bearcat 980 CB a good choice?

moto82mike

Looking at CBs and didn't find much on the Uniden 980... Did I miss the thread in my search? If so, I apologize.

Does anyone use this model? Is it worth the $80 over the 520xl? Also, mounting locations for this model?

Advice is appreciated...

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rottenbelly

Looking at CBs and didn't find much on the Uniden 980... Did I miss the thread in my search? If so, I apologize.

Does anyone use this model? Is it worth the $80 over the 520xl? Also, mounting locations for this model?

Advice is appreciated...

I run the 880. I think the difference is the 980 has sidebands. It does the job. Still a fan of the older cobra radios.
Have it mounted above the mirror.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
I've been using the Uniden Bearcast 980 for a year now. Did a lot of research before deciding. It's worked out beautifully for me since.

Basscat

Advice is appreciated...

Bearcat 980 is the single sideband version. I've run it for a couple of years. Snake Radio Customs tweaked it a bit. Works very well. Good looking radio also. Keep in mind if you're going to mount it overhead toward the windshield the mic cord does come out of the left front of the chassis which does obstruct a bit of your view of the radio read out. Not a deal breaker but FYI.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom