Project-JK Rodriguez Canyon Jeep Trail : Pandora's Box

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rodriguez Canyon (sometimes referred to as the Rodriguez Spur Truck Trail) is a Jeep trail that is located in San Diego County, crosses through Anza Borrego State Park and is near the resort town of Banner, CA. Cutting between Chariot and Granite Mountain, Rodriguez Canyon parallels the more well known Oriflamme Canyon Trail and is a part of a network of trails that were established to service the many mines in the Julian area including the Desert Queen and Pandora Mine. While this trail is for the most part very easy and one that can be done in any 4WD SUV, there is a short spur near the Pandora Mine that is very technical and because of it, we affectionately called this section of trail, "Pandora's Box".

In this short video, you will get to see the run we did up Pandora's Box back in September 2010 with our good friends gonegoanna's, TikiJK and Moochie. While our Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon was sitting on an Off Road Evolution long arm kit, coil overs and 40" Toyo MT's, everyone else was just sitting on about 4" of lift, running 35" tires and, even though some strapping and winching was required, they all did just fine. Anyway, I hope you enjoy our video.

Top Bottom