Evo Lever install question

ralfman5

Good evening, I am installing the evo lever on my dana 44 rear axle. I started stick welding the track bar bracket and i noticed that it had a gap on the rear of the bumpstop. This was the only position that would place the axle side mount flush with the axle and also the track bar mount, flushed as well. Please me know if i have to start it over?? Thanks. IMG_1572.jpg IMG_1571.JPG IMG_1569.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I have never installed the Evo lever system but I'm fairly confident Evo would not have placed bolt holes there if they didn't intend to use them for alignment at least. The gap should not be there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jeeper52

LOSER
I would start with making sure you have a bracket for a Dana 44. If anything I would clearance the bracket where it fits over the axle tube bringing the side where it contacts the bump stop bracket closer together. Also it's hard to tell by the pics but you might want to get everything fitted where it needs to be with a tack weld and have a professional weld everything in place. Not trying to be a jerk but you don't want your trackbar bracket or lever breaking off.

Top Bottom