Boss isn't a Fan...

Lil Nasty

So I thought my new boss and I would have some common ground because we are both Jeep enthusiast. I first began to doubt that thought when discussing modifying my jeep I mentioned my desire to put Dynatrac 60's under my steed with the new package deal option they are offering. He disagreed saying that was too much money that I should buy a dedicated street legal crawler instead. He lives in better location for off-roading and has more experience than I do so I didn't argue because he's probably correct on some level and I appreciated the advice.
Then he proceeds to tell me how his factory D44's sleeved and trussed are all the strength that is needed for his (and mine) current tire choice. Once again I didn't argue because, given my lack of off-roading and driving style plus his experience, he may have a point. I took this little discussion and pondered my choices, reflected on my probable usage, and weighed the cost vs benefit of my decisions. He may have done me some good because I've since adjusted my lofty expectations of my rig.
Today was a different story however. He noticed that WAYALIFE was possibly something that I visited and commented that "the guy that own's that jeep is an ASSHOLE." Hmmmmm.....:hmm: OK? Apparently he's never been on forum but has friends that he rides with that were "kicked off" of here because 'the owner only lets you talk about the sponsors that gave him free parts". :thinking: :naw: This offended me as I've been here long enough to see that this idea is far from the truth. :doh: So instead of arguing with someone who could impact my future jeep funding I just did what I do to my wife now when she's wrong....I tuned him out. I came back to my office upset that someone passed judgement on my friends without so much as trying to get to know them himself. It's ok now. I've cooled off and realized that I can't make someone "love" you guys because...I mean come on...It's difficult for me even.;):D Anyway I thought I'd share the fact that the butt hurt even goes beyond the internet but I'll still be fine as long as we have each other. :icon_crazy::beer::rock:

metalic

I met up with some guys to wheel and one of them was a previous member of this fine establishment and we became FB friends as I believe not everyone will get along and to make my own judgment. I quickly realized everyone that met him on the JKX he attended was correct about him. I believe this has been a few years and he's still talking about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I've had a couple of guys that I work with refuse to off-road with me because of my WAYALIFE decal. They are both members of "other forums" and had to ask me what my decal was then they stopped checking out my rig and said a few choice things about this forum and it's "members" and said that they weren't going to go off-roading with those types of guys. I just told them that was unfortunate and they should meet some members before they form an opinion. They said they had met a few and they were assholes on the trail. I just told them that sucks.

It's okay, if they are going to be that petty then they're probably jackasses on the trail too. I didn't mention to them that I thought they had stupid mods on their JKs...35" tires on 15" rims, multiple light bars, axle trusses, high lift jack mounted on the front bumper...

Let them hate without reason. It's their loss.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I've had a couple of guys that I work with refuse to off-road with me because of my WAYALIFE decal. They are both members of "other forums" and had to ask me what my decal was then they stopped checking out my rig and said a few choice things about this forum and it's "members" and said that they weren't going to go off-roading with those types of guys. I just told them that was unfortunate and they should meet some members before they form an opinion. They said they had met a few and they were assholes on the trail. I just told them that sucks.

It's okay, if they are going to be that petty then they're probably jackasses on the trail too. I didn't mention to them that I thought they had stupid mods on their JKs...35" tires on 15" rims, multiple light bars, axle trusses, high lift jack mounted on the front bumper...

Well, be a nice person and that will prove them wrong. If they need winching out on the trail or something like that, just help them out. I think that's what most of us would do, whether they think we would, or not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

I met up with some guys to wheel and one of them was a previous member of this fine establishment and we became FB friends as I believe not everyone will get along and to make my own judgment. I quickly realized everyone that met him on the JKX he attended was correct about him. I believe this has been a few years and he's still talking about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Does he have a gecko JK and need help lifting up his spare tire?

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Well, be a nice person and that will prove them wrong. If they need winching out on the trail or something like that, just help them out. I think that's what most of us would do, whether they think we would, or not.

I agree completely. I will definitely haul them out of trouble if needed. I just won't be off-roading with them intentionally.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Man can I relate to this [emoji23]

Except for the "talking to me part". I just get dirty looks at events and what I'm pretty sure is the occasional middle finger on the highway.
:crazyeyes:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Man can I relate to this [emoji23]

Except for the "talking to me part". I just get dirty looks at events and what I'm pretty sure is the occasional middle finger on the highway.
:crazyeyes:

I know what you mean Ty...too bad for those who don't take the time to form an opinion based on facts. I'm pretty sure we passed a few of "those guys" during our trip to beach 2 years ago. At least the beach cop "liked" my decal! [emoji23]

WJCO

Meme King
It's too bad so many people act like Jackasses like that. Especially grown adults. What's even worse, is how many of them repeat the rumors and have no direct experience at all here. Even if someone were talking shit about me and I knew it, I would still help them out if I ran across them on a trail and they needed help.

CarolinaJK

It really is sad how the rumors have spread like wildfire about Wayalife. Most of these guys have heard from their "friend" about an experience here and bash Wayalife because of it. Glad I saw past those idiots and decided to join last year. Nothing but a great group of people here. [emoji482]

holliewood61

Your boss has me pegged. I am an asshole.

That being said, I frequent several forums and there are know it all dicks on all of them. I have met up and wheeled with quite a few members of these forums and there are people i won't wheel with again based on their general attitude. Every forum has "those people". I come here for the banter more than anything.

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DiggerJKU

Coincidentally I just saw something like this today on a local club FB page. Someone had asked about bumpers so a ton of people replied and the list was your normal list of good fab companies but one member kept bringing up how we all "sound like the wayalife forum". Kinda out of left field and nobody even acknowledged his comments thankfully. Goes to show people just have a weird fetish with this site when they hate it.

Top Bottom