How much actual lift out of 3 and 4 inch plush rides

Heavyhaul07

Hey. I'm looking at swapping out my 3" re springs for the evo plush ride springs. My 3" springs right now are sitting at 3.75" on my jkur. I'd like to stay close to where I'm at for height. So my question is to stay close to where I am should I get the 3" or the 4" plush rides. Right now I'm on 35" my new 37" are in the garage and my new 5:13 are also in the garage. Going to be doing the gears after the new year. Having some family in town when they leave is when I'll do the gears and tires.

Bty I have a narrow front bumper with winch and just factory tire carrier with no rear bumper just a facia and d rings.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
3" and 4" respectively. They are one of the few coils that yield what they are advertised to give.

benatc1

Hooked
when I had my 2 door the 4in gave me over 5" so I switched to the 3" and got a bit over 4". however when I installed the 4in on my 4 door it was right at 4in so like Eddie said the advertised is what you get- except with a 2 door- but I think they state on their website that a 2 door will yield more. very happy with the springs

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
when I had my 2 door the 4in gave me over 5" so I switched to the 3" and got a bit over 4". however when I installed the 4in on my 4 door it was right at 4in so like Eddie said the advertised is what you get- except with a 2 door- but I think they state on their website that a 2 door will yield more. very happy with the springs

Good point. I'm so used to think of things in terms of a 4-door only. Thanks for pointing this out.

benatc1

Hooked
I would say 4" based on the fact you are going 37s. plus they are a softer coil and while I really really love the ride once you start loading it up you'll squat a bit. so if your going to keep adding stuff to your jeep or just pack heavy to camp then you may want a bit more of a boost, pucks are always a option but you might as well just do it with a spring if your going to swap anyway

Heavyhaul07

I would say 4" based on the fact you are going 37s. plus they are a softer coil and while I really really love the ride once you start loading it up you'll squat a bit. so if your going to keep adding stuff to your jeep or just pack heavy to camp then you may want a bit more of a boost, pucks are always a option but you might as well just do it with a spring if your going to swap anyway

I was thinking the same as I do pack pretty heavy when I go camping and I am also looking at getting a small camp trailer to tow behind.

benatc1

Hooked
I was thinking the same as I do pack pretty heavy when I go camping and I am also looking at getting a small camp trailer to tow behind.

Drag link already flipped. I should have mentioned that. Lol

you should be good to go then! I'm happy with my 4in, just need to get some 37s on now to fill it in a bit more!

xman4602

Is the drag link flip worth doing? Just lifted my wife's jku with a 3.5 RK kit with front lca and rear uppers.

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

jeeeep

Hooked
Is the drag link flip worth doing? Just lifted my wife's jku with a 3.5 RK kit with front lca and rear uppers.

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

absolutely worth doing.

I ran mine, 3.5" lift, without a flip for a long time not to worried about bump steer since I was usually the only one driving - until my daughter got behind the wheel and hit a puddle, I realized then how much bumpsteer I really had and this was with 315's .

Drag link flip makes a huge difference with the lift and bigger tires. now I hit puddles and such without the surprise steering wheel lurch.

Heavyhaul07

Yes IMO it is Did your rk kit come with a front raised track bar bracket? If not then I'd recommend the drag link flip to get your track bar and drag link as parallel as possible to help illuminate bump steer

xman4602

Yes IMO it is Did your rk kit come with a front raised track bar bracket? If not then I'd recommend the drag link flip to get your track bar and drag link as parallel as possible to help illuminate bump steer

No it didn't, just an adjustable front track bar.
Recommend any user friendly no weld diy brands that work well?

Top Bottom