JK Back seat

Ed Pursell

Just a dumb question, but recently went from a 2012 JKU to a new Willys JK....The storage area in the back needs some getting used to to say the least. With out removing the seat, can I flip up the back seat to the folded position without any issues while driving? I have a couple duffel bags presently in the back now, and can't even fit grocery bags in it. The Jeep manual says not to drive with the rear seat in the folded position, I'm assuming because it could flop back down when pulling out. Besides bungee cords, anybody have any tricks or can I just pile my duffel bags against the folded seat? I need some room besides using the back seat area.

jeeeep

Hooked
Just a dumb question, but recently went from a 2012 JKU to a new Willys JK....The storage area in the back needs some getting used to to say the least. With out removing the seat, can I flip up the back seat to the folded position without any issues while driving? I have a couple duffel bags presently in the back now, and can't even fit grocery bags in it. The Jeep manual says not to drive with the rear seat in the folded position, I'm assuming because it could flop back down when pulling out. Besides bungee cords, anybody have any tricks or can I just pile my duffel bags against the folded seat? I need some room besides using the back seat area.

I haven't been in a 2 door in a long time but I'm guessing they have the latch hoops - so a couple of ratchet tie downs from the loops to the roll bar? or a ratchet strap across the seat back and to the roll bar on each side?

Overlander beat me to it - when did Chrysler start locking them in the folded position?

AlecJ126

I have a 2 door also, and had no problems running my rear seat in the folded up position for a couple of years. It won't rock back unless you floor it from a stop. Didn't really bother me unless my dog was riding in the back, so I just keep my toolbox up against the back seat so it won't allow it to fold back at all.

T.McD

Like you said, just use a couple of bungee cords and you will be fine. did it all my 2 doors over the last 20 years. i used the industrial ones that are thick black rubber as they don't spring as much. will help with the seat rocking under hard breaking or accelerating. especially when the dog is in the back, don't need it rocking and hitting them in the butt or head. :)

LeighP

There is a "stowed" lock on the market.
Google up Die-Tech Off Road Seat Retainer for Jeep Wrangler......holds the folded seat up.

woof359

No leg room

thing is that when the back seat is folded you cant slide the front seat all the way back and its a real pain to remove the back seat with the top up:icon_crazy:

Flynlo

All of this makes me wish the 2-Door came with an optional "rear seat delete" option. Maybe removes $300 from the MSRP and replaces the seat hoops with tie down points. The rear seats in both my previous and current 2-door have never been used.

jkwebbie

Hell I took my rear seat out and haven't had it back in for awhile now. No one really likes getting in the back of a 2 door JK anyways, especially when its lifted with 37s lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ed Pursell

Back seat

Ya, I like the Dietech piece, I',, need to call to see why their web page says "out of stock", and if it fits a 2016... A couple split shaft collars and a rod can be made pretty easy now that I see the picture, but for $20.00 bucks or so, I'd probably buy it since it's their idea. But want to make sure it fits the 16's...... thank everyone!

Top Bottom