PDA

View Full Version : Here to pimp my video and two members support me

htweelz
12-24-2016, 06:28 PM
In early December Adams Jeep and Topless for TATAs had their Toys for Tots Jeep run. I put together a video for it. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/Xq65znzy92Y

wayoflife
12-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Ummm, welcome back to WAYALIFE. Been over a year since you've last been on here but it's nice to see you come by again just to pimp your video. :rolleyes2:

Merry Christmas

MR.Ty
12-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Ummm, welcome back to WAYALIFE. Been over a year since you've last been on here but it's nice to see you come by again just to pimp your video. :rolleyes2:

Merry Christmas

Maybe he's in the giving spirit? :idontknow: :crazyeyes:

Blazindevl
12-24-2016, 08:53 PM

Merry Christmas

Normally I'd bite my lip here but I feel compelled to say that I feel you're out of line. To suggest that OP is "pimping" his video here suggests that he somehow stands to gain or profit from sharing it and quite frankly the only thing that I see is a bunch of jeepers getting together for a worthy cause. To help children who aren't as fortunate as the rest of us.

You know, I've had a bumpy ride here at WAYALIFE... said some things I shouldn't have and prolly offended some peeps that I didn't intend to offend as have a lot of people here I'm sure. There is so much left open to interpretation when things are read and things can very easily be taken out of context. At the end of the day, I've stuck around and tried to contribute wherever possible because I believe the people here ultimately are good folks. That being said... if sharing videos such as these (especially around Christmas time) is frowned upon then maybe I was wrong.

For the record, I hope that I'm wrong and maybe just misunderstood what was posted.

Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

WJCO
12-24-2016, 09:00 PM
Regardless of the cause, looks like pimping to me. If he had been more active in the last year, I don't think it would hardly be noticed. Sure looks to me like he only came back to show off the video. :idontknow:

wayoflife
12-24-2016, 09:08 PM
Normally I'd bite my lip here but I feel compelled to say that I feel you're out of line.

Being that this is my house, I don't make it a habit to bite my lip and I'm compelled to say that it is you who is out of line. Don't like the things I say, don't have to be here. It's as simple as that.

To suggest that OP is "pimping" his video here suggests that he somehow stands to gain or profit from sharing it and quite frankly the only thing that I see is a bunch of jeepers getting together for a worthy cause. To help children who aren't as fortunate as the rest of us.

Oh, get over your self-righteous high horse. This video highlights an event, as worthy as it may have been - had happened already, with people who aren't a part of this forum and so far as I can tell, does nothing to help anyone other than to help promote himself. If you really want to help someone, just help them - grandstanding about it so that strangers will know how awesome you are is just tasteless.

You know, I've had a bumpy ride here at WAYALIFE... said some things I shouldn't have and prolly offended some peeps that I didn't intend to offend as have a lot of people here I'm sure. There is so much left open to interpretation when things are read and things can very easily be taken out of context. At the end of the day, I've stuck around and tried to contribute wherever possible because I believe the people here ultimately are good folks.

You're right, the people here are good folks. It's too bad you're not really one of them.

That being said... if sharing videos such as these (especially around Christmas time) is frowned upon then maybe I was wrong.

That being said... making your first post in over a year and of a self-congratulatory video highlighting all the good you've done with people none of us know is something that I frown upon - ESPECIALLY AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME. Whatever ideas you may of had about this forum, the people on here or me was clearly something you imagined because nobody I would call a friend would be so self-serving or so self-righteous.

For the record, I hope that I'm wrong and maybe just misunderstood what was posted.

For the record, the only thing you're wrong about is your own self-righteousness.

Merry Christmas!

Blazindevl
12-24-2016, 09:21 PM
To suggest that I'm being self righteous would infer that somehow I believe that I'm better than anyone here. How you gathered that from my post quite honestly puzzles me?!

It's funny that you claim that I'm not a good person when quite frankly you've never met me, know nothing about me, my character, or what I stand for!

I for one am happy that there are jeepers out there that are doing good for children in need, especially around the holidays! You call that self righteous... I call that just being decent human beings[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

JAGS
12-24-2016, 09:29 PM
Normally I'd bite my lip here but I feel compelled to say that I feel you're out of line. To suggest that OP is "pimping" his video here suggests that he somehow stands to gain or profit from sharing it and quite frankly the only thing that I see is a bunch of jeepers getting together for a worthy cause. To help children who aren't as fortunate as the rest of us.

You know, I've had a bumpy ride here at WAYALIFE... said some things I shouldn't have and prolly offended some peeps that I didn't intend to offend as have a lot of people here I'm sure. There is so much left open to interpretation when things are read and things can very easily be taken out of context. At the end of the day, I've stuck around and tried to contribute wherever possible because I believe the people here ultimately are good folks. That being said... if sharing videos such as these (especially around Christmas time) is frowned upon then maybe I was wrong.

Merry Christmas!

You may have a leg to stand on if circumstance and facts were different. Let's recap....

Fact: poster does have something to gain, pub for the club and event. Pub for the YT channel.

Fact: op hasn't been around in over a year and thus not a contributing member.

Fact: you should probably keep biting your tongue.

Fact: the people here ARE good, no "ultimately" about it.

Circumstance: maybe, had a long time contributing member of the forum contacted Eddie before posting up or even before the event, and asked if they post up a recap video, I'd venture to say eddie might consider.

Fact: that isn't what happened and for you to chime in otherwise is exactly why you've had a difficult time here.

So to you I say back,

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

wayoflife
12-24-2016, 09:36 PM
To suggest that I'm being self righteous would infer that somehow I believe that I'm better than anyone here. How you gathered that from my post quite honestly puzzles me?!

Well of course you would never see yourself as being self-righteous. That self-righteous never do as that would take a bit of humility instead of preaching at others about what you believe.

It's funny that you claim that I'm not a good person when quite frankly you've never met me, know nothing about me, my character, or what I stand for!

It's funny how you could never understand that I am only going off of what you say, it's all I have to go off of and it tells me a lot about your character and what you stand for. That being said, I'm glad I've never met you in person as I suspect you're every bit the same guy in person that you are online.

I for one am happy that there are jeepers out there that are doing good for children in need, especially around the holidays! You call that self righteous... I call that just being decent human beings[emoji1360]

Nobody I know said they care what makes you happy. Hell, I'm glad that a self-congratulatory video made by someone you don't even know makes you happy. What I call self-righteous is you propping yourself up on a pedestal of "decent human beings" and feeling the need to preach down at me just because I don't sharing in your sentiment.

Blazindevl
12-24-2016, 09:42 PM
Merry Christmas Eddie[emoji1360]

wayoflife
12-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Merry Christmas Eddie[emoji1360]

And to you and all your self-righteousness as well :yup:

piginajeep
12-24-2016, 10:16 PM

Great speech, but the event and meaning behind it has nothing to do with why it was wrong for this guy to dump in and post.

I'm not sure why it is so hard for people to understand. [emoji849]

Blazindevl
12-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Great speech, but the event and meaning behind it has nothing to do with why it was wrong for this guy to dump in and post.

So if I go on hiatus for say 6 or 8 months and then come back and post a quick video about anything... a trail run, a how to, anything... that's wrong?

WJCO
12-24-2016, 10:38 PM
So if I go on hiatus for say 6 or 8 months and then come back and post a quick video about anything... a trail run, a how to, anything... that's wrong?

Read post 12 again. If it still doesn't make sense, read it again.

Sharkey
12-24-2016, 11:28 PM
I'll just leave these here.

Blazindevl
12-24-2016, 11:55 PM
I'll just leave these here.

I like this, tks for sharing[emoji1360]

10frank9
12-25-2016, 02:43 AM
:yup:

JAGS
12-25-2016, 04:04 AM

I think only one person doesn't understand.

Blazindevl
12-25-2016, 04:41 AM
No, I actually completely understand... I just disagree.

It's one thing for someone to come on and try and sell things or to post something for personal gain after being inactive for a period or just joining... I've seen that time and time again and completely understand why it's frowned upon... makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, were talking about a recap video (not a promotional video) of people at Christmas time doing a good deed to help others and the op is accused of pimping, being self righteous, tasteless amongst other things... all because he hadn't posted in a while?! Where in the "rules" is this a thing?

Aside from all of that, I guess I was raised differently. When I watched the video, it made me feel good that in a world as fucked up as ours is today, that there are still decent people that are out there helping others.... it motivated me to do a little extra, a little more than I normally do to make a difference, albeit a small one. I didn't immediately think, "what a tasteless, self righteous, pimp"!

I was told that if I don't like things then I don't have to be here! Well, I am here and I'm a member of this forum and that's my 2 cents! As long as I am still here... right or wrong, I'll continue to point my out when I believe someone is wrong[emoji1360]

wayoflife
12-25-2016, 05:03 AM

And I disagree - you actually understand NOTHING.

It's one thing for someone to come on and try and sell things or to post something for personal gain after being inactive for a period or just joining... I've seen that time and time again and completely understand why it's frowned upon... makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, were talking about a recap video (not a promotional video) of people at Christmas time doing a good deed to help others and the op is accused of pimping, being self righteous, tasteless amongst other things... all because he hadn't posted in a while?!

WRONG. It was a promotional video of a sponsored event featuring people nobody here knows and all to show what great people they are for caring. Not only has this guy not posted here in over a year, if you took the time to look, he hasn't even been back online since he came on here to pimp his video. :naw:

Where in the "rules" is this a thing?

Let me come to your house and take a shit on your sofa. I'm sure you don't have a rule for doing something like that.

Aside from all of that, I guess I was raised differently. When I watched the video, it made me feel good that in a world as fucked up as ours is today, that there are still decent people that are out there helping others.... it motivated me to do a little extra, a little more than I normally do to make a difference, albeit a small one.

For the love of god, if I wanted to hear self-righteous preaching, I would have gone to a midnight mass.

I didn't immediately think, "what a tasteless, self righteous, pimp"!

That's because you're small minded and to be clear, I never said the OP was self-righteous, just self-serving and self-congratulatory. I said that YOU are self-righteous. :naw:

I was told that if I don't like things then I don't have to be here! Well, I am here and I'm a member of this forum and that's my 2 cents! As long as I am still here... right or wrong, I'll continue to point my out when I believe someone is wrong[emoji1360]

:cheesy: You say that like you've got some kind of god given right to be here and self-righteously peach at people based on what you've chosen to believe.

JAGS
12-25-2016, 05:08 AM

On the other hand, were talking about a recap video (not a promotional video) of people at Christmas time doing a good deed to help others and the op is accused of pimping, being self righteous, tasteless amongst other things... all because he hadn't posted in a while?! Where in the "rules" is this a thing?

Aside from all of that, I guess I was raised differently. When I watched the video, it made me feel good that in a world as fucked up as ours is today, that there are still decent people that are out there helping others.... it motivated me to do a little extra, a little more than I normally do to make a difference, albeit a small one. I didn't immediately think, "what a tasteless, self righteous, pimp"!

Many many words. So many words.

Blazindevl
12-25-2016, 05:37 AM
And I disagree - you actually understand NOTHING.

WRONG. It was a promotional video of a sponsored event featuring people nobody here knows and all to show what great people they are for caring. Not only has this guy not posted here in over a year, if you took the time to look, he hasn't even been back online since he came on here to pimp his video. :naw:

I did take the time to look through some of his posts, he seems like a normal guy that likes jeeps. He never posted anything derogatory or had any type of issue before. Just because he doesn't "live" on here like some doesn't mean he should be ridiculed for doing something decent and sharing it.

Let me come to your house and take a shit on your sofa. I'm sure you don't have a rule for doing something like that.

Actually you can shit on my sofa... just not on my jeep [emoji23]

For the love of god, if I wanted to hear self-righteous preaching, I would have gone to a midnight mass.

I've never been a religious fanatic but if that's what you need then by all means

That's because you're small minded and to be clear, I never said the OP was self-righteous, just self-serving and self-congratulatory. I said that YOU are self-righteous. :naw:

Said the guy that chastises anyone who's opinion is different than his

:cheesy: You say that like you've got some kind of god given right to be here and self-righteously peach at people based on what you've chosen to believe.

I'm not here to preach at you or to anyone, as I've stated I'm not really a religious guy... however, like you, I'm entitled to point out when I think you are wrong, just as you do to others. I have my opinion and you have yours and it's obvious that the only thing we agree on is that we disagree. What I won't do is stoop to your level and attack your character.

As far as my right to be here, yes... I'm entitled to that until you take that away from me, cheers[emoji481]

wayoflife
12-25-2016, 05:54 AM
I'm not here to preach at you or to anyone

Funny, that's all you've been doing all day. :thinking:

...as I've stated I'm not really a religious guy.

LOL!! You make it sound like "religion" has anything to do with you being self-righteous.

however, like you, I'm entitled to point out when I think you are wrong, just as you do to others.

No, you're entitled to believe what you choose to believe but here on my website that I pay for you to use for free as a guest, it is a privilege for you to post up what you believe. Me, I have a right to tell you what I think.

I have my opinion and you have yours and it's obvious that the only thing we agree on is that we disagree.

I couldn't disagree more. I never asked you to be here on my forum and I never asked for your opinion. I've been calling out your self-righteousness for what it is and you are just too full of yourself to look in a mirror and see it for yourself.

What I won't do is stoop to your level and attack your character.

Of course not, the only thing you'll do is preach at me and tell me about how "you were raised differently" and how people like me should have been made in your image. :naw:

As far as my right to be here, yes... I'm entitled to that until you take that away from me, cheers[emoji481]

That's odd. The rules you were required to agree to in order to become a member of my forum clearly states, and I quote "You understand that WAYALIFE.com is a privately owned website and that your ability to become a member here is a privilege and not a right." And yet, here you now are going on and on about "rights" and what you're "entitled" to. :thinking:

Merry Christmas and adios :standing wave:

Rubicon310
12-25-2016, 07:18 AM
That didn't end well. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

htweelz
12-25-2016, 11:47 AM
Wow sorry didn't mean to make a big fuss. I follow you on YouTube and enjoy your videos and love them. Just thought I'd share something I did and how the Jeep community comes together in my neighborhood. I don't make money off of it wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes. No I'm not always on here. I stop by every once in a while to see what's going on. Used to be a warm friendly place to come back to even if you've been gone for a while but I guess not anymore.

sipafz
12-25-2016, 02:03 PM
It's hard to believe that this thread even exists.
Thread Closed!

notnalc68
12-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Personally, if I had broken a rule, and been called out on it, I would have just said I was sorry that I must have overlooked that rule, and continued about my business. There's no need to get bent out of shape over this.

mudmobeeler
12-25-2016, 02:37 PM
Personally, if I had broken a rule, and been called out on it, I would have just said I was sorry that I must have overlooked that rule, and continued about my business. There's no need to get bent out of shape over this.

The problem is the majority of our society has developed the feeling that they are entitled to everything and that they are never wrong. Also that if your opinion is different than theirs than you are wrong and they are right. Bunch of damn snowflakes.

wayoflife
12-25-2016, 03:07 PM
Wow sorry didn't mean to make a big fuss.

No, just to pimp a video from a sponsored event that you attended with people who aren't even a part of this forum.

I follow you on YouTube and enjoy your videos and love them.

How nice. You must be one of the same guys who goes around all our videos trying to post up links to yours. Fortunately, YouTube automatically treats them for what they are and just throws those into my spam box.

Just thought I'd share something I did and how the Jeep community comes together in my neighborhood.

Funny how nobody in your "Jeep community" is a part of ours.

I don't make money off of it wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes.

Never said you were trying to make money, just that your only purpose for being here was to pimp your video.

No I'm not always on here. I stop by every once in a while to see what's going on.

To be exact, it'd been over a year since the last time you were here and clearly, your only purpose for posting up now was to pimp your video of a sponsored event and with people who aren't even a part of this community.

Used to be a warm friendly place to come back to even if you've been gone for a while but I guess not anymore.

LOL!! No, it's still is a warm friendly community, you're just a total stranger who came back after over a year and with an agenda to pimp a video you made highlighting the community that you're a part of.

wayoflife
12-25-2016, 03:09 PM
It's hard to believe that this thread even exists.
Thread Closed!

LOL!! You would think it's that easy! I have that rule for a reason and it's typically for the guys who would never read them.

sipafz
12-25-2016, 03:16 PM
The problem is the majority of our society has developed the feeling that they are entitled to everything and that they are never wrong. Also that if your opinion is different than theirs than you are wrong and they are right. Bunch of damn snowflakes.

Fuel that with "Charity" and now you have reason to disregard any and all rules... Right? WRONG! Like Sharkey mentioned, be charitable and content knowing that you've made a difference. If you need more than that, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

notnalc68
12-25-2016, 03:18 PM
Fuel that with "Charity" and now you have reason to disregard any and all rules... Right? WRONG! Like Sharkey mentioned, be charitable and content knowing that you've made a difference. If you need more than that, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Absolutely spot on

osukrwlr
12-25-2016, 03:37 PM

And that there is a moral or ethical obligation to convince you of just how wrong you are and how right they are!

BTW, it was the OP who said they were here to "pimp" their video.

WJCO
12-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Didn't see this coming :crazyeyes:

sipafz
12-25-2016, 04:04 PM
Didn't see this coming :crazyeyes:

I'm lost too.

htweelz
12-25-2016, 04:17 PM
BTW that wasn't the title I put to the thread it was changed by the Administrator. I had put Toys for Tots video or something like that. So the Administrator purposefully changed it to make me look bad. Believe me I didn't make the video to make me feel better. I made the video just to show how charitable the Jeep community is. I figured people would like that around this time of year.

I didn't do this to grow my YouTube channel. I make videos for my friends and family to see and since this was a Jeep one thought I'd put it up here. I could careless about being famous. I do it as a hobby and plenty of people enjoy the videos I make.

No I haven't been on in a while. Between Kids and work I haven't done a lot of stuff I enjoy. I was trying to get back into it and this was one of my first stops as I always enjoyed the forum. I had no idea I was going to get attacked.

Sorry went back and read the rest of the comments. I did miss the part about the non-profit organization and not posting stuff about it. I'm sorry that's all I can say. It was done with the best intentions and backfired horribly on me.

wayoflife
12-25-2016, 04:50 PM
BTW that wasn't the title I put to the thread it was changed by the Administrator. I had put Toys for Tots video or something like that. So the Administrator purposefully changed it to make me look bad.

First off, I am the administrator and while I would have changed the title so that it would better reflect what this thread is all about, I wasn't the one who changed it.

Believe me I didn't make the video to make me feel better. I made the video just to show how charitable the Jeep community is. I figured people would like that around this time of year.

I don't even know who you are and yet you ask me to "believe" you. You say that you didn't make the video to make you feel better and yet, you say you made it to show how charitable your Jeep community is as if we somehow needed to know as much. The only people who would really like what you did this time of year are the nameless and faceless kids you took pity on and bought a toy for but of course, you never even see them in your video. Pity is NOT the same thing as "compassion" and if you really cared about these kids, you would get involved in their lives instead of showcasing how "charitable your Jeep community" is.

I didn't do this to grow my YouTube channel. I make videos for my friends and family to see and since this was a Jeep one thought I'd put it up here. I could careless about being famous. I do it as a hobby and plenty of people enjoy the videos I make.

Don't have a clue as to who these "plenty of people" that enjoy your videos are but clearly, none of them are a part of this community. Certainly, nobody here has chimed in to say they're a friend of yours or a part of your family.

No I haven't been on in a while. Between Kids and work I haven't done a lot of stuff I enjoy. I was trying to get back into it and this was one of my first stops as I always enjoyed the forum. I had no idea I was going to get attacked.

And yet, you had plenty of time to take part in a sponsored charity run, with your Jeep community, film it, make a video of it and post it here. MAYBE, if you were someone I knew, someone who was a part of THIS community, things could have turned out a bit differently. Of course, most of the people I know don't feel the need to post up videos showcasing just how much good they've done in this world.

Sorry went back and read the rest of the comments. I did miss the part about the non-profit organization and not posting stuff about it. I'm sorry that's all I can say. It was done with the best intentions and backfired horribly on me.

If you were truly sorry, you would have just said as much and left it at that. Instead, you decided to go on and about why you did what you did and in an effort to justify your actions. :naw:

mudmobeeler
12-25-2016, 04:56 PM

Yep.

10 characters.

SasquatchIsReal
12-25-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm struggling with this one a bit, most of the time when there is some backlash in the community I get it. I feel like I missed it here.

The way I read the original post was that here is a Joe Blow Jeep enthusiast doing some amateur video; did a piece about Jeepers doing charity work that he felt was compelling enough to make fellow enthusiasts feel inspired during this charitable season.

To rephrase, the way I read it was "Here's a video showing Jeep people do good things, feel good about being a Jeep person."

wayoflife
12-25-2016, 07:45 PM
I'm struggling with this one a bit, most of the time when there is some backlash in the community I get it. I feel like I missed it here.

The way I read the original post was that here is a Joe Blow Jeep enthusiast doing some amateur video; did a piece about Jeepers doing charity work that he felt was compelling enough to make fellow enthusiasts feel inspired during this charitable season.

To rephrase, the way I read it was "Here's a video showing Jeep people do good things, feel good about being a Jeep person."

And I don't get why a video on YouTube of people collecting toys = people doing "good things". I completely miss why that should make anyone "feel good" about being a "Jeep person" or more to the point, why what we feel should even matter. "Inspiration" is meaningless if it doesn't compel you to really do something and I'm sincerely bothered by the fact that "charitable giving" is somehow a "seasonal" thing.

Again, IF you want to do good in this world, I would strongly encourage you to get out there, get your hands dirty and DO IT! I promise you, the people you help will be grateful and really, that's all that should matter.

Merry Christmas

SasquatchIsReal
12-25-2016, 08:32 PM
And I don't get why a video on YouTube of people collecting toys = people doing "good things". I completely miss why that should make anyone "feel good" about being a "Jeep person" or more to the point, why what we feel should even matter. "Inspiration" is meaningless if it doesn't compel you to really do something and I'm sincerely bothered by the fact that "charitable giving" is somehow a "seasonal" thing.

Again, IF you want to do good in this world, I would strongly encourage you to get out there, get your hands dirty and DO IT! I promise you, the people you help will be grateful and really, that's all that should matter.

Merry Christmas

Truly a Merry Christmas to you, and thank you for the happy wishes.

I never intended to debate the merits of the content of the original video, only what I perceived was the intent. While I don't necessarily think this is a great example of good deeds, I would far prefer videos like this being shared to represent the Jeep community rather than the all too pervasive videos of teenagers (and adults) disrespecting and damaging private property or clubs condoning drunken and dangerous trail rides and behaviour.

I think that I understand too the OPs desire to grow camaraderie and help with community building, the desire to belong and feel accepted is a powerful human trait, interestingly one that is well evidenced by the very tight community here that is fiercely protective and supportive of active members (this is a good thing). If that was the OPs intent, then I at least get it, regardless of whether I think it was well done.

However if the OP just intended to take advantage of the audience here to boost his Youtube views.. well.. then I'm pretty disappointed and feel pretty angry that I was duped.

Regardless, I appreciate you providing the forum and community that allows these types of discussions and I truly wish a Merry Christmas to you, Cindy and the rest of the Wayalife community.

wayoflife
12-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Truly a Merry Christmas to you, and thank you for the happy wishes.

I never intended to debate the merits of the content of the original video, only what I perceived was the intent. While I don't necessarily think this is a great example of good deeds, I would far prefer videos like this being shared to represent the Jeep community rather than the all too pervasive videos of teenagers (and adults) disrespecting and damaging private property or clubs condoning drunken and dangerous trail rides and behaviour.

I think that I understand too the OPs desire to grow camaraderie and help with community building, the desire to belong and feel accepted is a powerful human trait, interestingly one that is well evidenced by the very tight community here that is fiercely protective and supportive of active members (this is a good thing). If that was the OPs intent, then I at least get it, regardless of whether I think it was well done.

However if the OP just intended to take advantage of the audience here to boost his Youtube views.. well.. then I'm pretty disappointed and feel pretty angry that I was duped.

Regardless, I appreciate you providing the forum and community that allows these types of discussions and I truly wish a Merry Christmas to you, Cindy and the rest of the Wayalife community.

First off, I have specific rules regarding "charitable events" and posts made about them. I won't lie, had the OP been an active member of this community, it would have been a lot harder for me to give him grief. Being that he hadn't participated in OVER A YEAR and made this his VERY FIRST POST since that time, it was difficult for me to see it as anything other than to push some kind of agenda - whether it be to take advantage of our audience or to help make him feel better about himself, I don't know and I don't really care.

Second, if the OP's desire was to "grow camaraderie and help with community building", I'd have to question where he was intending to do that. Certainly, it isn't here. So far as I could tell, he already belongs to a pretty big community and one that he's engaged in more than just one time a year.

Regarding videos that get posted, I hope you know that if anyone were to post one up of people "disrespecting and damaging private property or clubs condoning drunken and dangerous trail rides and behavior", I would be the first to give them hell. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't tolerate that kind of stupidness here on my forum. As far as "good deed" videos go, I personally find them to be condescending and insulting and clearly made by people who I can only imagine has never been on the receiving end of "charitable giving" or could have at least benefited from them.

Zstairlessone
12-25-2016, 10:17 PM
So if I go on hiatus for say 6 or 8 months and then come back and post a quick video about anything... a trail run, a how to, anything... that's wrong? Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)
So it's ok for me to drive down your street once or twice then come over and start putting posters up for the Children's hospital, the SPCA and a few anti drug signs on the lawn? These sure are good causes, so I guess you are ok with it - and because they are good causes I don't need to talk to you about it first.

Well alright then, oh and I have a couple of thousand acquaintances I met on line and at In-n-Out that will be over to pimp their honorable charities. Still think this is ok?

Zstairlessone
12-25-2016, 10:30 PM
Hah, should have continued reading, seems the point has been made much better than I did.

WJCO
12-26-2016, 12:34 AM
BTW that wasn't the title I put to the thread it was changed by the Administrator. I had put Toys for Tots video or something like that. So the Administrator purposefully changed it to make me look bad.

I changed your title. You were pimping your video. And then another member supported you in that and continued to argue about why he didn't care about Eddie's rules. The title is rather fitting.

jesse3638
12-26-2016, 02:15 AM
So it's ok for me to drive down your street once or twice then come over and start putting posters up for the Children's hospital, the SPCA and a few anti drug signs on the lawn? These sure are good causes, so I guess you are ok with it - and because they are good causes I don't need to talk to you about it first.

Well alright then, oh and I have a couple of thousand acquaintances I met on line and at In-n-Out that will be over to pimp their honorable charities. Still think this is ok?
Couldn't have said it better myself. I do like charity work as it does have its place. Unfortunately too many take advantage of it like its government hand outs anymore. I prefer small unnoticed local charities not large corporate "non-profit organizations". Try helping an elderly woman load her groceries. Randomly pay for someone's meal. Help the people you know who may benefit from it but would never thing to ask. Do it silently from behind the scenes and stay anonymous. I don't make videos when I drop a penny into the "take a penny leave a penny" jar at the local convenience store. I don't need to hear praise about any good deeds I may choose to do or want to hear how I should give back because others are. People who want to give back will do so without advertising because they take he time to support causes they believe will benefit from help.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

ChiliDawg
12-26-2016, 02:28 AM
So much salt. ''Tis the season y'all. Peace on earth and all that jazz.

Boondocker Farms
12-26-2016, 03:28 AM
Sad that Eddie and others have to waste their time on Christmas Day responding to this.......I'm sure they have better things to do:beer:

wayoflife
12-26-2016, 06:30 AM
I must have missed the sticky that said you had to run all the same shit on your rig as everyone else and buy from the same people.

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but...

Well fuck me for asking then, right? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Right, because I hadn't thought of that and also realized that "LOD" might turn up more results on Google than what's relevant. [emoji19] Thanks for that.

Indeed, so much salt. Tis the season bro. Ya know, peace on earth and all that jazz. :naw:

JSTJPN
12-26-2016, 01:34 PM
In early December Adams Jeep and Topless for TATAs had their Toys for Tots Jeep run. I put together a video for it. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/Xq65znzy92Y
Htweelz, thanks for sharing. It is good to see the community come together to help those less fortunant.

The Toys for Tots is a good program and the Marine Corps has put a lot of work into it to better the communities.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

longarmwj
12-26-2016, 01:53 PM
Is Toys 4 Tots a good charity? Yes.

Is supporting them this time of year good? yes.

Is being a charitable person good? Yes.

Is it okay to produce a recap video and upload it to YouTube? Yes.

Is it okay to take that video, and share it to a HUGE Jeep family (notice I said family not community) on the internet? No.

Videos like this should be posted within the club/group that the event was organized under, not to a huge online family of people who are totally unrelated to that group. That would be like me making a wheeling video and randomly posting it on a Honda Civic forum or something. It makes no sense. There are countless videos I've made of events that my local Jeep group have taken part in and organized, and I very easily could have posted them here had I wanted to, but it would make no sense! Nobody here knows anybody there and vise versa. They were posted in the groups facebook page for those who were THERE to look back on, like this video SHOULD have been.

Is what you supported good? Well yes, I'm a firm believer in being selflessly charitable, but once again, posting it here especially after having been gone for a while does look like pimping. And that's all there is to it.

wayoflife
12-26-2016, 02:10 PM
Htweelz, thanks for sharing. It is good to see the community come together to help those less fortunant.

The Toys for Tots is a good program and the Marine Corps has put a lot of work into it to better the communities.

Yes, Toys for Tots IS a good program and yes, the Marine Corp is awesome too. Neither have anything to do with this guy or him posting up a video he made here. :naw:

As far as the "less fortunate" go, I have a hard time believing you'd have any clue as to what it's like to be one.

Is Toys 4 Tots a good charity? Yes.

Is supporting them this time of year good? yes.

Is being a charitable person good? Yes.

Is it okay to produce a recap video and upload it to YouTube? Yes.

Is it okay to take that video, and share it to a HUGE Jeep family (notice I said family not community) on the internet? No.

Videos like this should be posted within the club/group that the event was organized under, not to a huge online family of people who are totally unrelated to that group. That would be like me making a wheeling video and randomly posting it on a Honda Civic forum or something. It makes no sense. There are countless videos I've made of events that my local Jeep group have taken part in and organized, and I very easily could have posted them here had I wanted to, but it would make no sense! Nobody here knows anybody there and vise versa. They were posted in the groups facebook page for those who were THERE to look back on, like this video SHOULD have been.

Is what you supported good? Well yes, I'm a firm believer in being selflessly charitable, but once again, posting it here especially after having been gone for a while does look like pimping. And that's all there is to it.

Thank you for post this and for your clear understanding of things.

benatc1
12-26-2016, 02:27 PM
dang I just caught up on this whole thing, regardless of your feelings the simple fact remains that there are rules, for a reason, and those rules are set by the owners so it doesn't really matter what you think about the rules and it doesn't matter what you think the rule should be or how they apply to you. it's really quite simple. As the great Walter Sobchek once said "Smokey, this isn't Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

JSTJPN
12-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Yes, Toys for Tots IS a good program and yes, the Marine Corp is awesome too. Neither have anything to do with this guy or him posting up a video he made here. :naw:

As far as the "less fortunate" go, I have a hard time believing you'd have any clue as to what it's like to be one.

Thank you for post this and for your clear understanding of things.
Eddie, contrary to your statement that I don't know what it's like to be one of the less fortunate, I think that I do. As a child growing up in rural south GA, I started working in the tobacco fields at the age of 6 in order to help my family. We were very poor and all of us had to pitch in. I did this for better than 10 years until I went to "town" to work at the local grocery store. Then I decided to better myself and joined the Army where I have been for the past 26+ years. And no, I am no better than anyone else because of my service in the Army. It is just what suited me and has been a great career thus far.

So judging before knowing is not something you should do. I am not here to argue with you or anyone else in "your" house. But it does appear that the rules only apply to certain people. There are numerous "family" members who posted videos and pics of rides that have not been soley for WAL members. I should know as I have been a part of some of them. There are some who post videos that also have thier own YouTube channels. So are they "pimping" thier videos? Maybe. But I don't see anyone pouncing on them. I assume it is because they are part of the "immediate family".

Also, we as the WAL family have been consistently accused of being jerks and ass holes because of our affiliation to this forum. The OP, not sure if he flies any WAL swag, represented all of us at this particular event in a positive way. By doing this, we all can show the others that we are not all jerks but good folks who can get along with others.

So if we can not agree to disagree or make the rules apply to everyone, then we are exactly what others say we are.

If I am no longer welcome in "your" house just let me know and I will depart without any harsh feelings. I have learned a lot from you and others but will speak my mind and will even disagree from time to time. But that is what "family" members do.

Dave

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

wayoflife
12-26-2016, 03:42 PM
Eddie, contrary to your statement that I don't know what it's like to be one of the less fortunate, I think that I do. As a child growing up in rural south GA, I started working in the tobacco fields at the age of 6 in order to help my family. We were very poor and all of us had to pitch in. I did this for better than 10 years until I went to "town" to work at the local grocery store. Then I decided to better myself and joined the Army where I have been for the past 26+ years. And no, I am no better than anyone else because of my service in the Army. It is just what suited me and has been a great career thus far.

So judging before knowing is not something you should do.

All I said was that I have a "hard time believing you'd have any clue as to what it's like to be" what you refer to as, the "less fortunate". Based on what you've just shared, it sounds to me like you had to work hard your whole life and that helped you to become who you are today - NOT some kind of feel good video that shows people being "charitable". But clearly, I could be wrong.

I am not here to argue with you or anyone else in "your" house. But it does appear that the rules only apply to certain people. There are numerous "family" members who posted videos and pics of rides that have not been soley for WAL members. I should know as I have been a part of some of them. There are some who post videos that also have thier own YouTube channels. So are they "pimping" thier videos? Maybe. But I don't see anyone pouncing on them. I assume it is because they are part of the "immediate family".

Also, we as the WAL family have been consistently accused of being jerks and ass holes because of our affiliation to this forum. The OP, not sure if he flies any WAL swag, represented all of us at this particular event in a positive way. By doing this, we all can show the others that we are not all jerks but good folks who can get along with others.

So if we can not agree to disagree or make the rules apply to everyone, then we are exactly what others say we are.

You're right, I have my rules in place so that I can enforce them as I see fit. Since you seemed to have missed it, the OP is not like the "numerous 'family' members who posted videos and pics of rides that have not been soley for WAL members." He hasn't been on here in OVER A YEAR and just came on to post up THIS video. I'm not sure why you can't see why there's a difference but there is one to me and really, that's all that matters.

As far as members being accused of "being jerks and assholes" because of your affiliation with this forum goes, why you would even give a shit what other people think is beyond me. In fact, it's even harder for me now to not think videos like this are completely self-serving and intended to make others think you're a good person. :naw:

If I am no longer welcome in "your" house just let me know and I will depart without any harsh feelings. I have learned a lot from you and others but will speak my mind and will even disagree from time to time. But that is what "family" members do.

:naw:

Have fun everyone, I'm going wheeling.

ChiliDawg
12-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Indeed, so much salt. Tis the season bro. Ya know, peace on earth and all that jazz. :naw:

See? Humbuggery is contagious.

OverlanderJK
12-26-2016, 05:45 PM

You're a douchebag. Why are you even here?

notnalc68
12-26-2016, 05:58 PM

WJCO and Longarmwj pretty much nailed what is wrong with the original post. Rules are bent a little, in regards to active members posting videos. This guy pops in and posts a video, after a year of inactivity. All that has been established, prior to your post.

Now, getting to you, you have made negative posts, in this thread, and another one, just lately. What is your problem? Why do you feel the need to correct everyone in this post, and muddy the waters in my post about sliders?

ChiliDawg
12-26-2016, 06:03 PM
WJCO and Longarmwj pretty much nailed what is wrong with the original post. Rules are bent a little, in regards to active members posting videos. This guy pops in and posts a video, after a year of inactivity. All that has been established, prior to your post.

Now, getting to you, you have made negative posts, in this thread, and another one, just lately. What is your problem? Why do you feel the need to correct everyone in this post, and muddy the waters in my post about sliders?

What do you mean? I'm not correcting anyone, what about my post here was negative?

I don't know how you figured I muddied the waters in your other thread. It was about sliders and I asked a question about sliders. I honestly don't know why certain people here are so hostile.

notnalc68
12-26-2016, 06:12 PM

Well, read all this and imagine you are someone else reading it. There is no hostility in my post. I'm just wondering what is going on.

ChiliDawg
12-26-2016, 06:19 PM

Well, read all this and imagine you are someone else reading it. There is no hostility in my post. I'm just wondering what is going on.

I was a little annoyed at overlander because a simple question about a brand drew a smartass response about google, which I thought was kind of a dick move. Other than that I haven't meant anything negatively. I apologize if my comments here in this thread have been misconstrued as hostile.

notnalc68
12-26-2016, 06:26 PM
I was a little annoyed at overlander because a simple question about a brand drew a smartass response about google, which I thought was kind of a dick move. Other than that I haven't meant anything negatively. I apologize if my comments here in this thread have been misconstrued as hostile.

Okay. I can deal with that. Have a good one.

ttfhell
12-26-2016, 06:33 PM

I'm annoyed at him too. Fucker borrowed my vise and took three months to fix his drive shaft. He also bounced my jeep off some trees on the Dusy. DICK move but hey it's Christmas.

WJCO
12-26-2016, 07:49 PM
This thread continues to suck balls.

Rubicon310
12-26-2016, 07:50 PM
This thread continues to suck balls.

2x

OverlanderJK
12-26-2016, 08:27 PM
I'm annoyed at him too. Fucker borrowed my vise and took three months to fix his drive shaft. He also bounced my jeep off some trees on the Dusy. DICK move but hey it's Christmas.

Oh yeah, I still have that vise. Maybe I'll wrap it and give it to you for a Christmas gift. Kill two birds with one stone.

ttfhell
12-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Oh yeah, I still have that vise. Maybe I'll wrap it and give it to you for a Christmas gift. Kill two birds with one stone.

That would be sweet. Your gift came wrapped in an Amazon bag[emoji1303]

jeepsterchris
12-30-2016, 05:52 PM
Three things everyone can learn from this thread:

1. Follow the rules.
2. Don't give Overlander a reason to repond. (Don't poke the bear!)
3. Eddie is a wordsmith...if you aren't very smart, you will get torn down line for line.

Seems pretty simple to me...must be why I've never been lit up...:cheesy: