Pentastar Oil Filter Bypass Valve Aftermarket Replacement

Fireside

I'm trying to spread the word about the Dorman 917-992. I had my OE oil filter bypass valve pop off in September 2016, paid the dealer $488 to replace the whole unit. Anyone can just buy the plastic part and spring for $25 now. IMG_0019.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hot94Z28

I think mine might have broke the last time I changed oil. I heard a pop when my back was to the Jeep after I took the filter out. I never found anything so I put the new filter in and went on.

Fireside

The little black piece is spring loaded. If the filter becomes completely clogged it will break the seal and circulate unfiltered oil through the engine. Mine broke at 5 years / 60k miles, and since the black piece was gone my oil wasn't even getting filtered. The only way to get it replaced was to change out the entire oil cooler.

Hot94Z28

The little black piece is spring loaded. If the filter becomes completely clogged it will break the seal and circulate unfiltered oil through the engine. Mine broke at 5 years / 60k miles, and since the black piece was gone my oil wasn't even getting filtered. The only way to get it replaced was to change out the entire oil cooler.

I just went and checked and the filter is getting oil. I ordered the part as it's suppose to be there and cheap enough.

Top Bottom