One ARB w/ Hydro ram assist, or Both lockers and no steering assist?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
With my up and coming upgrades getting close I have to make a decision. I am installing a Prorock 44 with ARB, and 1350 Drive shafts. after that i will have enough for one or the other (PSC kit, or rear ARB and shafts) my steering is already on its last leg, so i would really like to take care of it. Will only having front locker provide a substantial improvement, I will have to rely on the BLD for the rear in the mean time. with any luck the one that i don't do will get done later in the year.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Yeah bud, that shiny new axle is no good to you if you can't turn it. Besides, you'll have the front end apart anyway. Why tear it down twice?

Sent from my duck blind.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Looking at the kit with a new steering box.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. This is the way I'm leaning just looking for some reassurance that I'm not wasting my time.

Yeah bud, that shiny new axle is no good to you if you can't turn it. Besides, you'll have the front end apart anyway. Why tear it down twice?

Sent from my duck blind.

Ah, okay, that would be my decision maker right there, deal with the steering issue before it becomes a serious problem, and like scooby said, youll already have it all apart, kill two birds with one stone.

tgoss

anybody have experience running just front locker? is there a noticeable improvement over stock?

I personally would vote for locking your rear first.

Oh, yeah and with your circumstances I would do the PSC with their steering box and cooler.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I personally would vote for locking your rear first.

Oh, yeah and with your circumstances I would do the PSC with their steering box and cooler.

In general I would agree, but I'm replacing the front axle with a PR44, so I have to buy something for my gears. I don't want to buy an open carrier for the PR to just have to replace it with a locker again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
anybody have experience running just front locker? is there a noticeable improvement over stock?

Depending on what you're playing on, anything extra you can do to give you more grip will help. Being that you're getting a ProRock and with an ARB and I assume chromoly shaft that have full circle clips, you should be able to try harder and with more confidence.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Depending on what you're playing on, anything extra you can do to give you more grip will help. Being that you're getting a ProRock and with an ARB and I assume chromoly shaft that have full circle clips, you should be able to try harder and with more confidence.

That's the plan, 35 spline non RCV shafts, ARB, and Adams 1350 drive shafts. Can't wait to ditch the Dana 30 ticking time bomb.

benatc1

Hooked
That's the plan, 35 spline non RCV shafts, ARB, and Adams 1350 drive shafts. Can't wait to ditch the Dana 30 ticking time bomb.

going to be a nice set up! I would almost lean towards doing the rear end as you are going to open it up to regear anyway. this of course if u can find a good price on a new or junkyard steering box that's in good shape. I have no idea what one of those cost.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
going to be a nice set up! I would almost lean towards doing the rear end as you are going to open it up to regear anyway. this of course if u can find a good price on a new or junkyard steering box that's in good shape. I have no idea what one of those cost.

Yeah the re gear is only gonna cost me a couple hundred, so I can then save up for the rear ARB and 35 spline rears. Plus the way I see it, it's gonna be a practice run setting up gears for the first time. If I mess something up, I'm gonna be redoing the work before too long anyway.

benatc1

Hooked
Yeah the re gear is only gonna cost me a couple hundred, so I can then save up for the rear ARB and 35 spline rears. Plus the way I see it, it's gonna be a practice run setting up gears for the first time. If I mess something up, I'm gonna be redoing the work before too long anyway.

that's not a bad thought, plus if you do the regear it's kinda a wash from what I was thinking.

tgoss

In general I would agree, but I'm replacing the front axle with a PR44, so I have to buy something for my gears. I don't want to buy an open carrier for the PR to just have to replace it with a locker again.

Oh sorry I guess I missed where you were putting in a new axle housing up front. Then yes, by all means lock up the front at that time, no reason to open that up twice to do what should have been done the first time around.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Ok so after finding out about Dynatracs Trail Leader package I might be able to pull off everything all at once[emoji2]. I called to find out about upgrading to 35 spline front, and was told that it isn't worth it because the outers are only 32 spline. Does anyone have any input, agree/disagree with that logic? Just making sure that I make this a one and done thing. Thanks.

WJCO

Meme King
Ok so after finding out about Dynatracs Trail Leader package I might be able to pull off everything all at once[emoji2]. I called to find out about upgrading to 35 spline front, and was told that it isn't worth it because the outers are only 32 spline. Does anyone have any input, agree/disagree with that logic? Just making sure that I make this a one and done thing. Thanks.

I believe that's accurate. I also believe the only way you can do 35 splines in the front is by going with rcv shafts through Dynatrac. I could be wrong but pretty sure that's what they told me.

Top Bottom