Newb

Spag7793

What size tire can I use without a lift kit? I was thinking about getting 33" tires with 17 inch wheels? Is that possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL! Stop by and introduce yourself in the "Give us a wave" section. You can do 35s with flat fenders and wheel spacers for stock wheels. There's also plenty of threads on this same subject.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL! I'm pretty sure that you will be good with 33's, stock height and full fenders. I think Clay ran this setup for awhile. Maybe he will chime in as I'm thinking of doing the same at some point.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What size tire can I use without a lift kit? I was thinking about getting 33" tires with 17 inch wheels? Is that possible?

Welcome to WAYALIFE. To answer your question, without doing any modifications, you can run a 33 but you'll most likely see some rubbing at a full turn and when you're at a full flex. Nothing critical though. Ideally, you'd want to at least run a leveling kit to run 33's. If you're willing to do some trimming, as mentioned, you can get up on 35's but, I don't know if I'd recommend that without at least a 2.5" budget boost.

Spag7793

Thank you very much. I appreciate the information. I'm going to more research on leveling kits. I love my JKU and I really can't wait to get started!!!

zimm

Caught the Bug
When I first got started, I put in teraflex 1" front coil spacers ($36) to level the ride and spidertrax wheel spacers (get a used set in the classified section). It looked great with the stock rubicon 32's and I"m sure 33's would have been fine too.

384A98C0-CBC9-42E3-8E8D-350707E40B19_zpsrq8ia9qb.jpg

osukrwlr

IMG_6825.JPG IMG_6824.JPG

I ran 33's with no other mods on my first trip out. As Eddie said, there was some rubbing on the plastic shield under the front bumper until it ripped off about 15 minutes in. Other than that I really had no issues. The tires would rub at the fenders at times under articulation also.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spag7793

Front coil spacers/wheel spacers are ok? That's all I would need for a simple install with 32 and 33 it looks pretty good! No issues with normal driving?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I'd follow Zimm's suggestions. Driving should be fine. If I could go back I would not even bother with a front spacer. I'd just trim the fenders, then add wheel spacers and 33's.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Welcome to WAYALIFE. To answer your question, without doing any modifications, you can run a 33 but you'll most likely see some rubbing at a full turn and when you're at a full flex. Nothing critical though. Ideally, you'd want to at least run a leveling kit to run 33's. If you're willing to do some trimming, as mentioned, you can get up on 35's but, I don't know if I'd recommend that without at least a 2.5" budget boost.

Front coil spacers/wheel spacers are ok? That's all I would need for a simple install with 32 and 33 it looks pretty good! No issues with normal driving?

As mentioned, above, a leveling kit would be best. With spacers, that is normally 2 inches up front, and 1 inch in the rear. You would also want longer front sway bar links, if the kit does not come with them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The wife's Jeep is a daily driver with no lift, 33s on 17s. We did trim the fenders. No issues. We did get 4.75 inch backspacing on the wheels we bought. We've gone offroad on forest roads with no rubbing.

zimm

Caught the Bug
That's why I just went with a front 1" spacer and left the rear stock to start off. It levels out the jeep mostly for looks and a little more clearance for the tires.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
If you get the leveling kit you can put 2" in front and 1" in rear. It would look awesome. It is not that much more compared to 2 spacers in the he front....Depending on brand you choose to get. If you think about it it would give you a bit of a lift and level it out as well

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spag7793

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help!! I will update when I figure out what I'm going to do. I really appreciate it!

Top Bottom