HELP! Engine light is on and it smells heavily of gas.

RK-JK2014

The title basically says it all. I have a 2014 jkur. 10,000 miles. Started it up today, the engine light came on and it smells heavily of gas. I'd take it to the dealership but obviously since it's Christmas they are closed. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

My mother in law just had a similar problem in her 2016 JKU and it ended up being incorrect purge flow through the valve to the gas tank.

Not sure if that's the same problem, but she had similar symptoms.

WJCO

Meme King
Have an auto parts store scan it for free and report what the code is. Sounds like an evap leak though.

PB's-12JKU

Insert your key into the ignition and turn it to the ON position, but don't start the jeep. Push the key into the ignition and turn it to the OFF position and keep holding it in. Then turn it back to the ON position, do this three times in a row and stop on the ON position on the third time. Your odometer will display the check engine code, no need to go to a parts store. Report back with the code.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RK-JK2014

Finally got her back from the dealership today! The jeep was reading codes: P0202, P0204 and P0206. Turns out that the ASD wired had pulled out of the connector on the right side of the engine somehow, causing the three injector circuit codes. It was also found that injector #6 had gone bad. Fortunately it was all under warranty so no $$ out of pocket!

RK-JK2014

Finally got her back from the dealership today! The jeep was reading codes: P0202, P0204 and P0206. Turns out that the ASD wire had pulled out of the connector on the right side of the engine somehow, causing the three injector circuit codes. It was also found that injector #6 had gone bad. Fortunately it was all under warranty so no $$ out of pocket!

Top Bottom