Mirror recommendations

calgaryjeep

So… I went to clean the snow off my jeep yesterday and I grabbed the mirror just so I could get up on the running boards and this happened... looks like on this 2008 the aluminium has all spalled away.

Image1482704792.065384.jpg

Any recommendations on your favourite ones? I could buy replacement OEM-style (I've never taken to doors off, sorry) but I'm open to anything thats good quality.

I swear - I did search the board on my phone but once I got to the second or third page I gave up.

jeeeep

Hooked
your best bet may be to get mopar replacement locally, quadratec makes replacements but haven't seen the quality of them in person.

or try a salvage yard

calgaryjeep

your best bet may be to get mopar replacement locally, quadratec makes replacements but haven't seen the quality of them in person.

Thanks! Yeah… I know Omix-ADA probably makes replacements and I can probably get one from Mopar… I'm just sort of torn as to whether something aftermarket will look nicer or if it's actually just a bigger pain. I guess if I'm not taking the doors off ever - it's not a big deal.

In Alberta, people do it, but it all depends on if you've got the attention of your local constable. ;)

Last edited:

jkrichard

If you were keen on taking the door off and CPS or the sheriff's not being on you for no mirrors, Rugged Ridge does a relocation kit to the A pillar, it's cheap and I think where yours broke you will still be able to use your mirror with the kit.

Im just out in Turner valley if you ever want to pull wrenches.

calgaryjeep

If you were keen on taking the door off and CPS or the sheriff's not being on you for no mirrors, Rugged Ridge does a relocation kit to the A pillar, it's cheap and I think where yours broke you will still be able to use your mirror with the kit.

Thanks! Yeah, I saw that one on JustJeeps.com and found it locally at 4WP. They have it in stock today, so I'll go that route. I just wanted to be able to use it "someday" and my experience has always been great with CPS and Sheriff's - but I'd rather not ever push it for the $60. Plus, even with the doors on - driving with no drivers-side mirror around town for even a day is kinda uncomfortable with all the people in the city bombing around in the snow.

Im just out in Turner valley if you ever want to pull wrenches.

Hey thanks for the offer! I'm in SW Calgary... This kind of weather makes me motivated to pull the wire for my garage heater. Haha!

Top Bottom